Hidden, "blind" or secret challenges

My friends and I would like to have "blind" challenges available.
A group of us just returned from a cruise and we did not take cell phones.  Ten of us created a workweek hustle and boarded the ship Monday morning, fitbits attached but cell phone free.  All week we walked the ship not knowing where we ranked but not wanting to be shown up.  It was great fun, and when we docked all ten had walked way more than normal.  Our numbers were huge, and we want to do our challenges blindly more often.
Please give us the option to set a challenge up where the numbers don't post until the last day, maybe with a few hours to go.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

If my comments help you please help me. Simply click the VOTES box on this post. Thanks 🙂
11 Comments
Nrg602
Jogger
I think steps should be hidden for last hour to make it more competitive. I find myself losing because my challengers know how many steps to beat me after I go to sleep
PureEvil
10K Racer

While I can understand the appeal of this feature, until then you may accomplish the same thing by:

• Turning off notifications from your challenges.
  • Logging out of the Fitbit App for the duration.
Ohio-Bob
Tempo Runner

Yes we talked about that a bit.  But it's very difficult not to sneak a look during the week.  It was really fun on Friday to finally all see where we stood!

Zanoman1979
Jogger

This should be really easy to implement: Start the Fitbit app, choose one of the challenges available and get a step count "blind" or "visible" toggle switch to select. It should't take long time to implement for the Fitbit team so I do hope they would consider this.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be cool not know knowing what's the score to beat. It will encourage all users to continue moving no matter what. It sounds very fun, hopefully this will be implemented in the future, so let's keep voting!

JerryL
First Steps
How about just showing where everyone is at without any actual numbers. So you can see if you're first, or last but you won't know by how much until the challenge has ended.
Marktmccauley
Jogger
Add my vote to bind challenge
Lueck767
Tempo Runner

Great idea! We're on the same page for sure. Please check out one of my feature suggestions too: Weekly Mystery Challenges. Vote for it if you like it. Thanks!

MushaSoturi
First Steps

Give an option for 'Secret Mode' in all challenges, so other challengers cannot see you progress until the end of the challenge.

We all have that annoying friend who waits until late at night and then just beats your score by a few hundred steps right? Well if they can't see your progress they'll have no idea if they're beating you or not, and they'll just have to do as much as they can to ensure they've done more than you! Should encourage people to do more steps than normal rather than the bare minimum to win.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @MushaSoturi. We look forward to hearing what other community members think! Robot Happy

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.