Higi - Weight and Blood Pressure integration

Higi stations (found in health care stores like Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc) provide weight and blood pressure measurements. They already have the capbility to authorize and integrate Fitbit into their system, so it would be great to see fitbit do the same and integrate the measurements obtained by Higi. This would automatically update weight and could also provide insight to blood pressure for users of the Fitbit.

Moderator edit: Added Labels

19 Comments
Janiece38
First Steps

Please make Fitbit compatible with HIGI, I have pre-hypertension and would love to be able to track my activity from Fitbit to HIGI.  Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

dp_medic
First Steps

I used to have a Jawbone UP and one of the great features was the ability to link my Higi Account with my UP account.  It helps with the full picture and allowed me to check in every time I was near a Higi Station 

tara102375
Jogger

I totally agree. I just discovered HIGI today. I work at a location that has the machine and this was my first time using it. I guess Ill be using both apps. I have alot of friends on fitbit app. The auto update wieght and blood presure would be really nice if it would auto load to fitbit app. I figure its not fair to not use Higi a little for challenges now, but I rather it be all in one app. If they can link Fitbit info

Rslewis
First Steps

Please merge or connect with higi stations.   Or allow me to create independent field on my dashboard to add blood pressure and bmi from those stations.  On my higi account I can import one day at a time from fit bit but it's extremely limited and would be time consuming.  The two accounts should communicate and not require individual inputs.  Being able to have the bp, bmi, and weight auto populate seams like a win win and should be fairly easy.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Any chance @Rslewis did you do the requested search? 

Please add your vote to the existing thread. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Fitbit has an open API and any third party company is able to access your data through this.. It really is up to them, Yes Fitbit could reach out to them and ask them to connect up.. Or they could do this without fitbits invitation. Please read the third point in the FAQ

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Shauneozzo! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I can’t tell about possible future plans for this integration on our side, but I still wanted to highlight the fact that many integration is done by the 3rd party application, service or product like this one. Even if we don’t do it ourselves, Higi developers would be able to add weight data into Fitbit by using our Body & Weight Web API. I suggest you contact them also to request this feature. Note that there is no way to add blood pressure to your Fitbit account.

chelseamartin1
First Steps

Please add compatibility with higi! I use it all the time and it would be so helpful for them to be linked.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Hello @chelseamartin1 have you contacted HiGi, Fitbit has provided all the tools needed for HiGi to send your body weight to fitbit

chelseamartin1
First Steps
I haven’t but I went on their website and fitbits and they both said that I can attach my fit bit info to higi but that Fitbit hasn’t made higi compatible yet. That’s why I commented there. Fitbits website said that they haven’t made it higi compatible yet and to comment on the board to make it known to developers for Fitbit that people would like to see that change in the future.

Get Outlook for iOS
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I don't see a link to either site that your reffering to @Shauneozzo0.

Fitbits offered an API which allows third parties access to your weight, they are also able to update your weight. 

I wonder what is not compatible.

chelseamartin1
First Steps
How do I sign up for that?

Get Outlook for iOS
Timroyjordan
First Steps

The Higi fitness kiosk Sync !!!!!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Timroyjordan! We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Robot Very Happy

Status changed to: Under Consideration
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

HiGI can already connect to your Fitbit account, your steps and weight will get sent to them.

Currently they have chosen not to send weight to your Fitbit account.

As for blood pressure, Fitbit currently is not set up to receive or store this.

NEW INTEGRATIONS: IHEALTH, FITBIT ARIA SCALE, WITHINGS PULSE ACTIVITY TRACKER

How do I connect my activity tracking device to higi?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Timroyjordan! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Shauneozzo, thanks for sharing this suggestion about weight and blood pressure integration.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.