0 Votes

How to join a closed group when I can't contact anyone in it?

I'm new to this, and maybe it was easier with what I understand is "the old dashboard" but I'm wrecking my brain trying to find and join a group for me.

I have MS. I can see that there is a group called Multiple Sclerosis with 300 members. I can't join. 

"To join a closed group you need to be invited."

HOW am I supposed to be invited by someone when I don't know who they are and they have no way of knowing I'm looking for them? 

Please help. Extremely frustrating!

Make a "request to join group" option and then they can decline or accept...

Moderator Edit: Updated label

4 Comments
Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hi @LillaMao  I checked out a few closed groups. Many had "visit" on them and gave me a chance to post. If you can post in that group, surely someone can invite you. Have you tried that?

Status changed to: Existing Feature
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@LillaMao Thanks for your suggestion about having an option to request an invitation to join a closed group.

As mentioned by @Odyssey13, eventhough is a closed group, you can still tap join and tap visit. You'll be allowed to post a request for an invitation.

@Odyssey13 Thanks for your support.

CatRod
Recovery Runner
Can you please make the closed groups visible? This way instead of the creator having to invite new people, they can see the group is there and will send a request to the creator to enter the group and it's up tor the creator to accept. This is the same regardless of whether they are friends with the creator of the group.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CatRod, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the options you would like to have for closed groups. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Existing Feature". You can learn more about it hereYou can also check this other suggestion:

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.