IFTTT Body Fat

I would love to see the ability to use Body Fat as an ingredient when making IFTTT recipes. BMI and weight are options, but I don't see Body Fat. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

23 Comments
SsgLackey
First Steps
Hi, any update on this? Also user name as an ingredient would be good to have to distinguish all the connected users we possibly may have.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Would love this! Any updates?

zdx
First Steps

I'd also love to have this-- it would save me and my friends a lot of work for our group motivation and would make it easier for us to include new people.  please let us know if you plan on doing this!

gu3stZA
Keeping Pace

This should be the easiest thing in the world to add. Come on! Everyone would like this, please!

yoyon
First Steps

I've been waiting for so long for this feature, so I can export body fat data to a spreadsheet. Please Fitbit, this sound like a really small thing to develop, but would mean a lot for me! Please implement this feature.

ithink2020
First Steps

PLEASE Add support for Body Fat % in your API and let IFTTT know!!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Who is able to add this feature? Is it Fitbit or IFTTT?

SsgLackey
First Steps
Export to a spreadsheet isn't implemented properly, currently only my weight and BMI is logged into a spreadsheet, but not my wife's and her privacy settings allows me to see her stats (I can see them via web).
jdoscher
Stepping Up

Adding on here for this feature- I am a longtime Fitbit user, and unless Fitbit can offer direct Google Spreadsheet support, they need to publish BF% to IFTTT.

SsgLackey
First Steps
Is this thread even monitored by fitbit or we are wasting our time?
Plehrman
First Steps
I would like to see this feature added as well. This has been requested by users for a long time and should be a very simple feature to add. Is there any update on this request?
Limon160
Stepping Up

+1 Me too, this shouldn't be to hard to do. they can publish it to myfitnesspal

louisxavier
First Steps

I second! Is there any update to this? Thanks!

taser8
Base Runner

One more vote for having Body Fat % on the information that can be uploaded to a spreadsheet! Looks like this request over two years old now with no feedback from Fitbit...

Webslinger516
First Steps

I second this... allow BF % ingredient.  I wonder how difficult this would be to integrate.... Seems like it'd be just as easy to integrate as {{weight}}.

Richard1980
First Steps

I can't imagine this would be a hard addition -- but would be really helpful!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @facemagoo thanks for this suggestion. In terms of an update, there aren't currently plans to make this available in the API - we will let you know if that changes. Thanks

Babygiraffe
Base Runner

There is an ifttt ingredient for weight but not target weight, and there doesn’t seem to be one for body fat percentage.

I want to create an ifttt applet that notifies me when I reach my targets for weight and body fat. 

vernhart
First Steps

I'm confused. This information is already available in the API: https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/body/

Could we get this re-evaluated? What are the technical hurdles?

This would make the choice between Fitbit Aria 2 and the Withings/Nokia scale a bit easier.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Now that we offer the body fat information with our Body & Weight Web API, I'm changing the status from "Not currently planned" to "Reviewed". Note that it doesn't mean that we'll do the integration, but it's now possible. Since we have a lot of integration requests, we also highly suggest asking IFTTT themselves to add this feature as they can easily do it by using the mentioned API below.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Limon160
Stepping Up
You waited too long I'm on Garmin now
mikl_pls
Recovery Runner

Same... I'm on Withings now. Y'all just don't seem to care about your customers at all...

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.