IFTTT recipes - Water Consumption

Please add Water to the list of goals when setting up an IFTTT recipe in FItbit. Want to be alerted when not drinking enough by a specific time.

8 Comments
Status changed to: Under Consideration
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for sharing your idea with us, we will be sure to take move it along for further review.

MrAtoni
First Steps

It would also be nice if Water Consumption could be set up as an IFTTT-action, so we can make a DO-button to easily add a specific volume of water to the daily Water Consumption.

In other words, when I drink a glass of water, I just push the DO-button to add it to my water consumption

D4NIELA
Jogger

Hi, I would like to see my water consumption in graph form to track how much I drink on a daily basis and any trends there might be. This option is available for calorie input and output, weight change, sleep, active minutes, and steps. I feel like it should be available for all the features you can track.

mdrummer88
Jogger

+1! Really wish I could create recipes centered around adding water!

Flaco
Jogger

After using the weight IFTTT recipe for Google assistant to Fitbit I would like to have the ability to add my water consumption in ounces, it will make it so easy to know if I'm drinking enough water, thanks 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @chrisfreas thanks for your suggestion. This is a good idea but is something you'd need to submit to IFTTT, not Fitbit. It looks like you can submit ideas here on their website: https://ifttt.com/blog/2016/11/makers-submit-your-applet-ideas.

There is an open Feature Suggestion about water reminders which already has momentum, which you could add your vote/voice too: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Water-Reminder/idi-p/38259#U38259

Thanks for sharing your idea.

AHummel
Stepping Up

We are a group of 13 and 14 year olds doing a project about how much water we truly need to drink. As most people concerned with fitness know, 8 glasses a day is an old generalization. The new standard is half your bodyweight in ounces. We have looked at several apps and FITBIT is the closest app we have seen to accurate water intake goals. It appears that you are indeed using weight to custom calculate the water one needs to drink a day. According to our research, half your weight in ounces is the minimum that a person should be drinking. The American College of Sports Medicine Roundtable on Hydration and Physical activity recommends adding 12 ounces to your daily water intake for every 30 minutes of exercise. We feel like this would be an easy change for FITBIT to make to their app since one of the main points of a FITBIT is to measure your physical activity. If a Charge 2 detects that there was 30 minutes of Elliptical activity, it would be easy to add 12 ounces to the, say, 60 ounces a 120 LB person would need to drink daily!

We know not everyone cares a lot about tracking their water, but from our research, we have found that those truly enthusiastic and motivated about weight loss actually track their water very carefully. This is because of how it boosts metabolism, aids in burning calories, filters toxins out of the body and helps overall brain and organ function.

Please help us with any research or recommendations you may have. Is this change something that can happen? Should it happen?

Sincerely,

Katelyn, Hailey, Tanner, Caleb

F.I.R.S.T. Lego League - Team: Fantastic Four

AHummel
Stepping Up

Also notification reminders to drink water every so often! This has been mentioned on a very popular previous suggestion!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.