Ideas for new challenges on the Fitbit app

If the old ones weren't being used enough, make new ones. Some ideas:
- You're owned by Google now. Anything in Google Maps can be an adventure, with a new one every week
- Board game challenge: So many steps gets a roll of the die. First one to the end wins
- Drawing challenge: Use GPS to make a drawing from a prompt. Voted on by friends or group.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

44 Comments
xxSaffyxx
Recovery Runner

I cannot find a way to hunt up community friends anymore. Something to do with the change over to needing a google account, and I don't want to do that. Have so many log ins everywhere, I don't want another one.

cdd1966
Recovery Runner

Best thing about fitbit was the challenges now it garbage 

Audrey012
Jogger

One of the main reason why I was using Fitbit was for the challenges and the bingo thing because it was encouraging to have games and competitions with friends, but they removed it... Also I hate the new interface, it used to be so simple to add friends and see their progress... It's really disappointing:/ I wish it could go back to how it was before. I've been using Fitbit since 2018 and I used to LOVE the app but now I'm slowly losing interest... BRING BACK THE CHALLENGES AND BINGO GAME AND THE OLD INTERFACE PLEASE

kboom3
Jogger
I have been with Fitbit for over a decade. -- I miss the challenges with my family and the community. You really ruined a good thing
Odyssey13
Community Legend

@kboom3many of us are using the Stridekick free app to continue our challenges and ability to message. You might want to give it a try.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @kboom3, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding challenges to the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

paula.canup
First Steps
Can Fitbit PLEASE bring back the challenges already? It is a lot of us, users, favorite feature.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @paula.canup, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding challenges to the Fitbit app with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

little_me91
Jogger

I still miss challenging friends. This was such motivation. A lot of us did this and even caused us to go for a quick run on a birthday because we had to meet our step goal. I miss this tremendously. This motivation and stick to reach your steps worked for us. We are now finding out if other smartwatches have this. This is exactly what made Fitbit so interesting and I had hoped Google would bring something back. I think your idea is very cool! I would definitely run extra for extra dice.

Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hi @little_me91 many of us who were in group challenges with the Fitbit app have moved over to the free version of Stridekick. It allows our data (also data from Apple and Garmin products) to the Stridekick app where we make all sorts of challenges. It even lets us have water and reading challenges.

Kiakiii
First Steps
Bring back the community feel that we used to have with games like Bingo, challenges and virtual walks. The app feels so ‘lonely’ compared to previous. What is the point of having friends on the app? Like many others I bought my Fitbit to get excited for exercise and that was the main selling factor.
Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hi @Kiakiii  when challenges were removed, my group of Fitbit friends, along with many others on the forums, went to Stridekick. They have a free app (there is a paid one, if you prefer) and we do all sorts of challenges and can message there, too. It actually takes our Fitbit data and syncs to their app. The best part is if you have a Garmin or Apple watch friend, they can join in, too.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kiakiii, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

BN47BD
Jogger

Fitbit use to challenge me so much! I loved Bingo and challenges. App is useless without it. Might aswell buy normal fitness tracker, why spend money on a fitbit?!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Audrey012, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

Chriisssii
Jogger
Fitbit is a lot less motivating since Google took over and removed all the competitions with friends, like Bingo or the most steps per week. It was fun to have a lot of friends who also use Fitbit, now it doesn't matter anymore if my friends use Fitbit or something else entirely.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Chriisssii, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding challenges to the Fitbit app with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

KatieSW
Jogger
Please bring back Fitbit community challenges! It was one of the only reasons I was a premium member and I see so many posts about this. Everybody loves this, and I know Fitbit has lost customers because of it. Please, please, this was such a fun part of my week and I loved Fitbit bingo.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KatieSW, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.