Import data from Health Connect as well as export

Currently you can link Fitbit to health connect but it will only write data to it: it won't read any data from other apps.
20 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @STate12, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to import data from Health Connect as well as export it. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Criszser
First Steps

This is exactly what I need! 

I want to upload my past weight from my other app. But it doesn't allow it, and I am not adding months of daily weights manually.

So I haven't stopped using the other app because I have already built a trend and stats with that one.

It would allow me to use the weight feature everyday.

hades646
First Steps

If Fitbit expects to become the new health data hub for Android users, they need to implement this. If not, we will keep using Google fit and using Fitbit as a simple data source.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agreed. Google backed company should lead by example.

spm73
First Steps

I too would love to be able to import data from Google Health into the Fitbit app   (in particular Step counts...the reason being that the Diabetes app that I use pulls data from Fitbit, but I do not own a Fitbit tracker, and do not want to buy one when my current smart watch does all that I need...apart from the linking to Diabetes app)

boschman71
First Steps

This!, Please add this feature asap

keith.uk
Recovery Runner

This would be great. It's unlikely to happen. Fitbit have never been good at accepting data from 3rd parties. They're happy to give it but not receive it. Receiving it implies that you are using non-Fitbit equipment to gather the data and Fitbit will do whatever they can to discourage that. There is no other explanation as to why they have already implemented data export to Health Connect but not implemented data import from it.

kvaughan613
First Steps

Please do this! I understand you want people to buy fitbits but I have step challenges at work that it would be great if I could import data from Samsung Health through health connect so as not to have to manually input my steps every day into the Blue Cross Blue Shield challenge page. Blue Cross imports steps from the fitbit account. 

Z26fb
Jogger

+1, Fitbit please enable your Fitbit App not only to WRITE data to Health Connect, but also to READ data from Health Connect. Why? Because you want the Fitbit App to be the one app that I as a customer need to look at.

Many customers do have third party products that track their data in third party apps which are able to sync their data into Health Connect. In my case, I'm using a walking pad, which counts time, distance and steps. The walking pad's third party app is able to sync into Health Connect, but right now there's no possibilty to see my walking activity in my Fitbit App. Hence, if I want to see my complete activity data, I need to merge my walking pad data together with the Fitbit data via Health Connect into a third party app, which is able to import from Health Connect. 

So, please may I ask you to allow the Fitbit App to READ data from health connect, so that I can uninstall this third party stuff from my mobile phone? I want to see all my activities in my Fitbit App and I'd love to continue to use the Fitbit App as my one and only health tracking app.

Silrub
First Steps

Also backing this request, as others said as a Google backed platform this integration should really be improved, as it is currently very lacking that it only works one way

DBFitBum
First Steps

Another vote to allow FitiBit to READ (and write) ALL FitBit data points with Health Connect.

Use Cases:

I have a Withings scale that logs my weight to my app automatically and it's inconvenient that FitBit doesn't read this data from Health Connect like other apps. I have to type my weight into Fitbit manually.

Since FitBits water logging doesn't meet my hydration needs, I use other apps like Hidrate Spark or Water Minder to track my hydration. It would be great if 1: FitBit had these features or 2: FitBit allowed reading the data into the app until they added these features. I have to log my water twice if I want to see my hydration in FitBit.

I have an Omron app that automatically collects my blood pressure readings from the device. Allow FitBit to read Health Connect data so this is all in ONE place. At this point, I feel like Google Fit and Samsung Health are doing a better job aggregating all the data in one place which makes their tracking devices more appealing.

Lastly, FitBit should write the HRV data so that I can use it with HRV apps like Welltory and HRV Elite. Honestly, I feel like FitBit should read and write all possible FitBit data points and let us decide what we connect and what we don't connect. And I believe Samsung already tracks and shares HRV data.

Thanks for your consideration!

DBFitBum
First Steps

Stopping by to check on the status. Hope to see more votes soon! So annoying to have to retype data into FitBit that is available in Google Health Connnect if they would just add the mapping to the FitBit app!!! Thanks for the votes so far!

owen7
Jogger

Hello! This is the feature I need, I get my weight data and calories from other apps, and Id like for the fitbit app to be my health data agrigator as thats what my pixel watch uses. Please allow the app to read health data from health connect, especially because Health Connect is out of beta. On android 14.

robert.whitmire
First Steps

I have a similar need for Fitbit to IMPORT vitals, exercise, and nutrition from other apps using health connect. 

All of the apps I use are compatible with health connect (whoop, myfitnesspal, withings, tonal, alltrails)

My goal would be to have my Fitbit premium account to serve as a repository for all of my fitness, sleep, and nutritional data), but in order for this to be possible, Fitbit must be able to import data from Google health connect. 

isnot2bad
First Steps

This feature was suggested one year ago, but it seems it is not implemented yet. Any updates on this request?

I think there is no real reason to not read any data that is needed by the Fitbit app from Health Connect (if enabled and available), as they may originate from another source (app, ...).

I'd really love to see this feature!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have a Fitbit and a Google Workspace account.  Google won't let me migrate my Fitbit account to a Google Workspace account.  Now I *could* export my Fitbit data and re-import it in a traditional Gmail account as a workaround, but Google won't let me import the data either.

As new Google devices (like Pixel already) mandate Gmail accounts and stop supporting Google Workspace accounts, what am I supposed to do?  Throw away a decade of history and start over?  Why would I do that when I could just start over with a competitor's product who doesn't care if it's a Gmail account or a Google Workspace account?

Are they really trying to FORCE people like me to go to another platform?

ChoamNomsky
Stepping Up

Frankly this should have been a feature from the first day that Health Connect existed. If Fitbit ever wants to be the default fitness tracking application they really need to embrace as many sensors and tracking apps as possible. I can honestly say that if Fitbit were able to pull data from Health Connect (such as details from my bike rides that I have to do with my Wahoo head unit as Fitbit does not have navigation) I would be a premium subscriber for life. If somebody were looking to aggregate their fitness data the only option would be Fitbit, which sounds like a pretty good position to be in. Please hear what the users are clambering for and get this feature going.

Hecticlad
First Steps

I back this too! I use both a Pixel Watch 2 and Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and would love if Fitbit could log my daily stats whenever I used my Galaxy Watch and vice versa! C'mon Fitbit & Google!!

DBFitBum
First Steps

Stopping by again to check on the status. Hope to see more votes soon! This would fix something as basic as letting FitBit import my daily weight instead of manually typing it. My Withings scale/app syncs my weight data to Health Connect but FitBit is NOT yet reading weight data from Health Connect. Let's GO, FitBit! Thanks for the votes so far!

Medoc-
First Steps

Yes please I would like Fitbit to retrieve weight data from Google Health Connect.

That would allow to use Fitbit as a health hub, and also be a big incent to buy Fitbit products in the futur.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.