Improve Bands Included with Fitbits

When a Fitbit is released we should be given a better watch strap which is more flexible and breathable for you wrist, eg. Sports straps as it is a sports watch, not only silicon. As default with the watch in the box as the being given with the watch now are not the most comfortable and flexible. 

What also should be changed is when Fitbit does collaborations they should be realised alongside the original Fitbit instead of making us feel like we have had a mistake when a collaboration gets released six months later.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Haris18.

Thank you for posting your idea. I can definitely see how other users, or potential users, would like to have more 'sportsy' bands included with the new Fitbits.

Let's see what other users have to say about it.

vee
Progression Runner

Me too, I got a rash from the original band. I didn't know but maybe I am allergic to latex. I bought a silicone sports band that works. Would be nice to have a choice. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would also be great if the bands were easier to fasten. I love the fact that it stays on, even when I move a lot in my sleep, yet sometimes I wonder if I will ever get the little bump snapped into the hole when I put it back on (I could never remove it, except it needs to be charged every few days).

Georgia1997
First Steps

Wow, Wow, Wow. I such a good idea FitBit should consider, me and my friends have all got FitBit’s and I remember having a discussion with my friends about how the straps would be better if they had the same features as the sports ones. I live for the sports ones as they are flexible and have holes so your wrist can breath. Once agin FitBit should consider. 

If only I came across this post before, I’m sure others and I would agree with you!

Thanks for putting this Idea out!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for showing your support for this suggestion! While we don't have plans for shipping a device with sports bands, I'd suggest to take a look to the breathable silicone sports bands that we have available in the Fitbit store. We have left voting open to continue tracking interest and you can learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. We understand how great it'd be to have bands designed by one of our collaborators right outside the box, sometimes we can't always control this as sometimes our devices have been released before a partnership, but thanks for your feedback which helps us to enhance Fitbit products and services.

mrsbieschke
Stepping Up

Hello Fitbit Team,

I have used Fitbit Alta and now currently using the Fitbit Versa and in each occasion, the wristband lifecycle is short that I always need a replacement band. I use my Fitbit for walking, working out and general day-to-day activities (sleep, heart rate, and weight tracking). Every time I check my wristband, it shows signs of tearing or riped completely. I wondered if there can be other options for wristband material, especially for longtime usage. I find it discouraging that no matter which Fitbit device I go to, the wristband is always the issue. I would appreciate another option since I use mine every day as I'm sure most people do! 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mrsbieschke, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option for your accessories. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.