Improve Heart Rate Graph in the App (zoom in to a specific time)

That I go to either extreme, working out pushing 175 or with a sleeping heart rate that drops close to 45, a finer detailed heart rate graph is important . The range of numbers on the dashboard (and app especially) are very unclear to read. The ability to open and zoom in to a specific time with rate would be the best plus Fitbit could offer. That the heart rate option is the primary reason for buying the fitbit charge, focus on the ability to use it at its maximal is needed. I am rather disappointed with the way it is now and would concider looking into a new monitor even though all other aspects of Fitbit are quite good. Love my "bit", please improve the graph!

Moderator edit: Topic and Subject for clarity.

30 Comments
mmcguigan1
First Steps

HLR62 is right on point. I also purchaed the Charge HR to track my HR stats. The graph you offer has little detail, is hard to read, and cannot zoom into specific blocks of time. I should be able to hover over any part of the graph and get my HR for a specific time of day. Please make the graph better!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

steph1300
First Steps

I would be greatly interested in a more detailed or “zoomable” daily heart rate, with the IOS app. Specifically, an option to see smaller increments of time to help manage orthostatic tachycardia and response to treatments. Thank you for your consideration. 

rickyagodich
Recovery Runner

The heart rate graph shows only the full day. But I want to cross-reference the heart rate spikes with activities at known times of day. Is it possible to provide the ability to zoom in on the graph, to, perhaps, a window of 1-3 hours (if it has to be a fixed size, that is).

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rickyagodich, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Hope to keep seeing you around.

maitrif
Jogger

On the app, when you look at a specific day’s “beats per minute”, I wish you could zoom in to see a more detailed heart rate in a smaller time frame or change the scale of the beats per minute (not always from 0-240).

naji-s
Jogger

On any or some graphs, such as the Beats Per Minute graph that shows heart rate over time for today, it'd be awesome if you could zoom in to a certain section of the graph by holding down on a start time at the bottom of the screen and dragging towards and end time

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @naji-s, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

naji-s
Jogger

@LuciaFitbit thanks for consolidating! I see that the original request is from 2016. How long do these requests remain valid? And at what point does Fitbit begin considering them? Is it based on number of votes? Or maybe ease of implementation? Just curious 🙂

e94904
Recovery Runner

My last wearable was a Vivofit. It was nice that I could look right into my sleep data such as movements during my sleep and such. It would be nice to see what exactly happened compared to a REM cycle chart. I could see the amount of activity after I woke up and that was nice. Also, the heart rate information is very limited. I wish I could zoom in onto the data and see my heart rate at a specific time. Please add this into the Fitbit app.

Status changed to: New
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @e94904!

We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have atrial fibrilation and suffer from sleep apnea. It would be really helpful to see if my bpm spikes and causes me to awaken. Since the sleep data uses hearbeat to arrive at one's sleep patterns, why can't the heartrate data be included graphically over the sleep period?

Daykin
Stepping Up

This effectively an oversight and omission from the basic software whose correction and inclusion would provide valuable information for users and medics.

bgwg
Jogger

Please consider modifying the heart rate graph so it allows for more detailed historical observations. On the phone app, it is only visible in portrait mode so it is difficult to see details along the timeline. On the computer when you click on the heart rate panel, it becomes a bar graph of steps, calories burned, or floors. The heart rate tile does not allow me to zoom in for any more detail. So it is very difficult to see what is going on throughout my day after various activities. Thank you.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bgwg, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the heart rate graphic with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

SolusUmbra
Base Runner

I would like a zoom feature as well please!!!! 

Also I don’t know how to vote...

SamY100
Jogger

This is important to me as well

PCR-BKS
Jogger

A lingua Portuguesa é das mais antigas do mundo. Tão antiga quanto a espanhola. O mercado de lingua portuguesa é dos maiores do mundo porque os portugueses estão espalhados por todo o mundo não fossem eles um povo conquistador. Em tecnologia Portugal apesar de um país pequeno é incrivelmente evoluída quando comparada com os outros países da europa. Não terem todo o software em português acaba por demonstrar algum desrespeito por toda a comunidade portuguesa e por isso só perdem mercado. Eu gostava sinceramente de adquirir o novo Versa 2 não o vou fazer pela falta de inserção dos dados, principalmente da alimentação, em português.

Apelo para o vosso bom juízo, o que gastavam em ter tudo traduzido se fôr comparado com retorno de mercado é simplesmente, "amendoims".

Pensem na vossa comunidade portuguesa, brasileira, africana ou eu acrescentaria mais, mundial!... mas sobretudo... pensem em vocês!... LOL

MathyMAM
First Steps

I'd like to see my heart rate specifically during an exercise period. I'd like to determine which activities (in, for example, a specific routine) led to my heart rate being in my target range. 

Jerichap
First Steps

I agree 100% with this. Being able place your finger on the graph and see the time and heart rate is a feature that Garmin has already got. I've used Garmin for years instead of Fitbit for this feature alone. I love my Fitbit but Garmins app is much further ahead when it comes to data. I use my Fitbit on my day to day but if I want to break down my data on a workout, I use my Garmin. If Fitbit could update some simple features then that would attract the data heads that use Garmin over to Fitbit. 

Karluha
First Steps

Any movement on this? Original request was posted in 2016 - it’s being 4 years, no action?

Fitbit team - you can do better than kicking the can down the road!

pavichokche
First Steps

This is so ridiculous! How complicated is it just to let us pinch to zoom into the data? Or just let us press and hold to go through the data over time. OR at the VERY least, let us export our own data into a csv file!

jonvan1993
First Steps

I have have started HIIT workout on a curved treadmill.  This only takes ~30 minutes.  I would like to see how my heart rate varies though the work and rest cycles of HIIT workouts.

Needsnewbrain
First Steps

I had assumed that this was possible and I couldn’t figure out how to do it. 

This, I think, is an instance where designing for the edge cases benefits everyone. Allowing me to have access to more granular data allows me to better inform my health care team so that diagnostics can be better informed by constant tracking. Allowing everyone to have better access would allow us to get a deeper understanding of the effects of individual decisions from minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day, etc. 

Being able to zoom in on the graph or otherwise access more granular data ought to be a given, as I had assumed it would be. 

jake7363
Recovery Runner

For the FitBit app, an autopause for the tracker would be helpful.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.