Improve heart rate accuracy for Sense

Please improve the HR reading for Sense.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

3 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @NazH, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about improving the heart rate accuracy for the Fitbit Sense with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

TBC01
First Steps

I agree. I've been extremely disappointed in the HR sensor on my new Sense – not only for the distorted pulse rate number but because the HR data affects the output of so many other data points that I use to monitor my health. 

I tried to add my Inspire 2 back to the app so I could wear it during exercise only to learn that it's no longer possible to have more than one device on a Fitbit account.

As a Mac/Apple person all the way, I did extensive research on the various smartwatch options and was leaning toward an Apple Watch. But the Sense won out due to daily Apple Watch charging + my familiarity/satisfaction with the Fitbit platform. So far, it's been a glitchy, frustrating ride. 

daveh82
Recovery Runner

Yes, I am also very disappointed with heart rate accuracy, especially at low resting heart rates like I have. So, in addition to supporting this general request with my vote, I have done some more detailed experiments and made an independent specific proposal based on it, see:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Improve-heart-rate-measurement-for-values-below-40-...

It would be helpful to document other specific scenarios where the heart rate measurement reproducibly fails.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.