Improve the charging status information for Sense

When the Sense is connected to the charger there is no indication on the charging status. A brief message appeared and disappears. Often the message warns of a slow charging status but once that disappears there is no way to know the rate of charging. Disconnecting and reconnecting the charger usually fixes the problem.
10 Comments
cwilliams01
Jogger

Definitely same here

sbflinders
Jogger

I noticed this annoying problem too.  The watch and the app should clearly state the charging status and wether it is fully charging or slow charging.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @alex-w, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about improving the charging process and status information for Sense. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Guy_
Space Racer

It already exists.

Try a clock face such as SImpleClockDuo which not only shows the time [and percentage] permanently while charging it also tells you when the charge will be complete.

Besides it also keeps a log of charges and a snapshot of your battery charge level at midnight for analyzing usage.

Simply put it on charge, it will tell you when it will be finished.

alex-w
Base Runner

Thanks Guy for mentioning your excellent free face for the Sense. 🙂 

I installed it and indeed  the SimpleClockDuo you produced does what you say--it is wonderful 🙂

If you read my report carefully you’ll see that I am referring to the slow charge/fast charge issue on the watch.  It also mentions the charging status on the watch without having to use special faces like the one you produced.

It is also easy to know the current battery level on the app.  

The suggestion is to display the charging rate/status on the watch and the app while it is on the charger.   I also noticed that a slight misalignment or debris/body oils on one or the four tiny plugs/charging pins affects the charging process.  I recommend cleaning these before charging.

I suggest Fitbit looks at the Apple Watch efficient (no pins or special contact) charging which is super fast and has never failed me.

I appreciate your input and absolutely love your clock face.  I highly recommend it.

SimpleClockDuo by Guy | Fitbit App Gallery

Jimmie453
First Steps

Thanks for sharing.

MaximillianC
Recovery Runner

That clock face thing is nice, but I don't want to have to change clock faces to see the charging status.  I would really like my Sense to just show the charging status (including the estimated time remaining) on the screen the entire time it's charging, so I can easily glance down at the Sense to see if it's fully-charged.  It seems a bit like a silly oversight that we even have to ask for this.  Even better would be if the Sense itself (or, at least, the companion Android/iOS app) would make an audible notification when the battery is fully-charged.  My understanding is that leaving the Sense (or any electronic device that's on and draining power) plugged in while the battery is full stresses the battery, and reduces battery life... so devices (like the Sense) should always proactively notify us when they are full and still plugged in, so we can unplug them.

Thanks,

Maximillian C.

Bellingham, WA

Amcooper63
Jogger

I own the Sense, but same issue. I'd like a notification on my phone via the Fitbit app when my Fitbit has  finished charging. My habit is that every morning when I get up, I put it on the charger. Sometimes I forget to put it back on. I always have my phone on my so a notification is  charge complete would stop me forgetting to put it back on. 

CLY42
Jogger
When the Sense or other fitbit watches are fully/properly connected to the charger have a lightning bolt or some kind of visual, CONSTANTLY on display, that let's you know it is still charging.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CLY42, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about improving the charging status indicator on the Sense with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.