Include full recipe with measurements for Premium cooking videos

How can I submit a suggestion for the app? I was also really confused that there is a whole series of cooking videos from EatWell and Ayesha Curry but no indication at all about where to find the recipes. Simply putting a note at the bottom
of the promo tile would be helpful but just sharing videos without recipes is kinda lazy and disregards user

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

119 Comments
Backontrack77
Jogger

After 3 years of Fitbit ignoring people's requests for recipes and ingredients, including mine, I threw in the towel. Got rid of all my Fitbit appliances and apps. Much happier with a Samsung. More expensive but heads and shoulders above Fitbit. You will not be disappointed folks. 

ssheppard
Stepping Up

Good to know, with Christmas around the corner, I'm looking for a new
tracker/watch. Samsung has quality products.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Nic_
Recovery Runner
That is so true! Now if only Google/ Fitbit would listen to that feedback,
they might be able to put together a decent product. Unfortunately I can't
afford to scrap everything and start over. This is just something I'm going
to have to be unsatisfied with for now. Or until the interest rates change
and I owe less than 67% APR on my variable rate credit cards. 😞

FitBit APP DEVELOPERS, PLEASE MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE:

First, 

Great all-around fitness and diet app, but there are so many opportunities for improvement. 

What am I supposed to do with a recipe video with out the written recipe? I need portions. I need to be able to modify the number of people eating the meal. I can't log the recipe into my daily food log. All of these features are easy to create. Did Eating Well make a deal with FitBit, so that FitBit users are forced to visit Eating Well's website to retrieve the data they need to actually make the recipe? 

Too many clicks required for me to actually do that. Very frustrating. I am willing to pay a higher subscription rate if FitBit adds these features to make the recipes interactive and dynamic. So obvious. Maybe you can create more tiers of membership to offer more features of convenience?

Most calorie-counting apps, including MacroFactor, allow you to scan any food item that has a barcode. That is the quickest way to log food. However, if you follow a healthy diet, you are eating mostly vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, etc. None of these items have a barcode. So, most of the food I consume must be logged manually. To save users time, MacroFactor allows users to create an original recipe and save it to a favorites folder. Still, it is time consuming to manually create a new recipe the first time. Once the recipe is set up, I would say it’s the second fastest way to log a meal, after scanning a barcode. 

Using a calorie-counting app is helpful. That being said, I see two ways to improve the apps.

First, how can we log meals faster? Oftentimes, I’ve said, “I wish I could take a picture of my meal and the nutritional data would automatically aggregate in my daily calorie agenda.” 

This technology already exists. There are a few food scanning apps that incorporate artificial intelligence. They make logging meals less time-consuming.

Second idea: how can we make calorie-counting apps more helpful for women? Recently, I read the book Womancode by Alissa Vitti, a nutrition and hormone expert. I’ll give you the TLDR version. As we know, pre-menopausal women’s bodies follow the menstrual cycle. There are four phases of the menstrual cycle. Typically, each phase lasts about a week. Vitti draws on scientific evidence to teach women about cycle syncing. Cycle syncing is when a woman syncs certain lifestyle choices to the phase they are currently in. In each phase, hormones and hormone levels are in a unique configuration. Women should proactively plan for these hormonal changes. How? By changing aspects of their diet and exercise, on a week-to-week basis. 

After finishing Vitti’s book, I fact-checked it. Vitti’s advice is supported by medical science. 

Vitti had me sold. I am now interested in following a diet and exercise regimen that compliments my menstrual cycle. The only problem is feasibility. It is time-consuming to find healthy recipes, take inventory of my kitchen, do the food shopping, meal prep, and clean the kitchen. Now you’re telling me to eat certain foods in certain weeks? That sounds overwhelming. 

There are a few cycle syncing apps that break down the information overload into digestible daily instructions. However, there aren’t many.

Separately, I read Dr. Mindy Pelz’s book Fast Like a Girl: A Woman's Guide to Using the Healing Power of Fasting to Burn Fat, Boost Energy, and Balance Hormones. A lot of the content and advice about intermittent fasting is designed for men. So, it does not take into account a woman’s menstrual cycle. In Dr. Pelz’s book, she describes various intermittent fasting programs. Each program has different instructions to help you achieve different health goals. Dr. Pelz modifies each program to sync to the menstrual cycle. This increases the feasibility of intermittent fasting for women.

After reading Dr. Pelz’s book, I fact-checked it. Her advice is also supported by medical science.

Dr. Pelz had me sold. Cycle synced intermittent fasting could improve my overall health and wellbeing. Unfortunately, with my busy lifestyle, I can not keep track of cycle syncing an intermittent fasting program and exercise regimen in my head.

There are various intermittent fasting apps. They are all unisex. None of them offer cycle syncing as an option. 

Unfortunately, there is currently only one cycle synced intermittent fasting app. It is in a read-only format, like Dr. Pelz’s book. It is not an interactive, food logging app. 

Add MacroFactor's functionality to FitBit food logger. Bring FitBit's food logger into 2024, please. When the user sets up her account, she will be offered the option to join an intermittent fasting program, and/or receive a cycle-synced recipe program. The cycle-synced recipes will be pre-filled into the daily calorie agenda. The daily agenda will tell the user the quantity of the meal that they should consume. The app will provide a shopping list with appropriate amounts of ingredients, calculated for the user. If the user wants to modify the number of people eating the meal, she can do that, and the amounts of ingredients will change. 

This app would have a positive impact on the health of all women. Furthermore, it would be especially helpful for those dealing with painful periods, PCOS, endometriosis, infertility, and low libido. 

Here are some popular apps:

MacroFactor costs $72/year.

MyFitnessPal costs $80/year.

FitBit premium costs $80/year.

Noom costs $209/year.

MyFLO costs $280/year.

Each app covers some aspects of what I want in a wellness app. None of them have everything. 

For my busy lifestyle, I want one app where I can keep track of everything, please.

Cycle syncing diet and exercise and intermittent fasting are supported by science. Give users the power to choose whether or not those are programs they want to follow. If User A is not interested in cycle syncing, he can simply decline to participate. If User B is interested, give her the power to choose. I want FitBit premium to offer users a menu of options.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Carla

Lisa062062
First Steps
Where can I see the full recipes? Not just the useless how to videos. I can't make a recipe with out knowing how much of each ingredient to use.
KayKay16
First Steps

Totally agree! For a health conscious company, this should be an no brainer to provide this so those of us trying to be healthy can make them. The videos are totally USELESS without knowing how to make the recipes! If not, you should just discontinue this service as its waste. At least provide the ingredients and instructions for those of us who are premium members!! 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lisa062062, thanks for sharing this product feedback about including the full recipe with ingredients amounts for Premium videos with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

esmorgan4
First Steps

I agree and wrote my own suggestion of the same. Take a baking recipe. It is utterly useless without measurements, all other recipes are stumbling in the dark, but maybe it will be edible. Recipe section is useless to me without ingredients and measurements.

ssheppard
Stepping Up

I feel like I'm watching a Tik Tok video.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Tequilla6
Jogger

Let me add to the list of Comments about the waste of time these videos are. No ingredient list, no calories. OK go to the Eating Well website to get the info. Where is the link, a very easy feature to add. As for the eating well website itself, I guess I'll leave my other feedback about usability over there. VERY DISAPPOINTING. 

Jaime2010
First Steps
Please provide recipe details especially measurement for ingredients.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jaime2010, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about including the full recipe with measurements for Premium cooking videos with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

anniejohnson
First Steps
I purchased the Fitbit Premium Membership in part because it said it included "recipes to fuel your body with nutritious meals". However, it does NOT include any recipes, only short 1 minute videos. And while the videos are nice including the actual recipe is what makes it useful, helpful and actually valuable.
EveJWylie
First Steps

It's not just the method that's missing you can't log in the nutrition either 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @anniejohnson, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding the full recipe with measurements to Premium videos with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Jezendz
Jogger
The video receipes are lovely. Just as lovely as the FREE utube videos. PLEASE give us the written receipes.
LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

The recipe videos should be free to all users.  There is no added value for what we pay.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jezendz, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about including the full recipe to Fitbit Premium videos with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Bluibabs
First Steps

It is unbelievable to me that this issue has been reported by users for at least 3 years and nothing had been done about it. The title of the videos is misleading, they are not recipes- just mere ideas. This is a premium feature it should work as expected or remove them and credit current Fitbit users. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.