Include full recipe with measurements for Premium cooking videos

How can I submit a suggestion for the app? I was also really confused that there is a whole series of cooking videos from EatWell and Ayesha Curry but no indication at all about where to find the recipes. Simply putting a note at the bottom
of the promo tile would be helpful but just sharing videos without recipes is kinda lazy and disregards user

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

118 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Mariposa100, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about including the recipes of the cooking videos that appear in the food tile of the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

steffidi
First Steps

I'm glad I found this post as I thought I was just doing something wrong. It seems silly to go to the effort to create a video but not provide the ingredient list and measurements. I just signed up for the trial to determine if Premium is worth the subscription fee and this kind of thing makes me think it probably isn't.  

Erinni
First Steps

The videos are pointless without a list of ingredients and measurements. I can get better for free on Youtube. I am doing the FitBit Premium trial right now, but if this is the type of incomplete content it offers, I am highly unlikely to become a subscriber. How could they have thought videos without actual recipes were a good idea? So bizarre.

ssheppard
Stepping Up
Fitbit premium offers recipes. Some of them with these cute 1 minute videos. BUT there are not directions! And they don't say how much of the ingredients you need, heating time etc. How can we recreate the meals without this information.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ssheppard, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see recipes on Premium cooking videos. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums. 

Kmyr13
Jogger

@YojanaFitbit where is this other request that you move this to? 

Also: Why do we need to explain why this feature is important? Its common sense. Premium membership is not cheap. When one of the features is access to recipes, I expect that the recipes will actually include the information needed to complete them. As it is now, you have sold premium with this feature, but you have not provided it, the premium video ”recipes” don’t contain the information needed to actually make the food, so they are pretty much useless. Its ridiculous that we have to tell the developers this. 

Have you all not even looked at the content yourself? How do you propose that we are supposed to make the recipes when none of the amounts are listed for the ingredients and sometimes steps are missing instructions like: how long to bake something for? Or what temperature? 

Like these are not recipes, they are barely cooking videos. Buzzfeed’s ”tasty” recipes do the same type of video, but at least they tell you the amounts of the ingredients and what temp to cook it for and how long. 

These are basic steps for any recipe, and they are missing. this is pathetic. Fitbit should not have added this feature unless it was actually able to verify that the content would be helpful. As it is now, all the recipes provide is ”inspiration” or frustration because if I want to cook it, I have to google to find the proper recipe. 

This needs fixed. Its ridiculous. 

ssheppard
Stepping Up

Wow! Totally agree. There are some recipes I'd like to try but I will not
eyeball how much goes into it.
So, yes Fitbit. You need to fix this pronto.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Korvida
Jogger
Make recipes searchable in app. Include written ingredient and preparation instructions with all recipes.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Korvida, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see the recipes for Premium cooking videos. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Amy2160
First Steps

I agree the cooking videos are made completely useless and pointless without a recipe.  Just makes another reason to not pay for premium. 

zachcaro
Recovery Runner
Your providing a recipe, but not the amount for each ingredient?  This, when your company preaches portion control?  I watched a video that told what each ingredient was, but not the amounts. 
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @zachcaro, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about including the amount for each ingredient on Premium recipes with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Amandabrown27
First Steps

Thank you zachcaro for bringing this to their attention.  I was wanting the amounts as well and was told they are not available.  How am I supposed to make them if I do not have the amounts. I am not the best in the kitchen so having the correct amounts will make it less frustrating to try new and healthier meals.  If at the minimum they include the amounts in the videos so one can pause and write it down.  

Leah726
First Steps

Yes, it’s very difficult to have to watch through the video and either write notes down or rewatch it multiple times to see the recipe. I usually just give up and google a similar recipe with written instructions. 

Zbitheallth
First Steps

I completely agree it’s terrible that they didn’t list instructions there. But the work around I found is to visit the eatwell website, it has the same videos and the full instructions and even the calorie count, so you can log this into your food log on Fitbit. 

Gil31
First Steps
list the ingredients and the MEASUREMENTS you can't use most oif the recipes becasue they don't state HOW much to use or even all the ingredients. Plus, the too-gast video format is ridiculous for cooks. include a static and printable recipe with customry information. Unfortunately, this feature is simply not usablein its current format
ssheppard
Stepping Up

Nice! I'll check it out.

--

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Gil31, thanks for sharing this suggestion about including a list of the ingredients and the measurements of the Premium recipes with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

cflo112003
First Steps

As all of these users mentioned above, measurements and amounts would be great! I am loving a lot of the suggestions but cannot make them because I’m not sure how much of each ingredient to use. I am a pretty experienced cook but would at least like a reference point to start from!

bcityrancher
Jogger

I agree with everyone above. I first thought I was missing a setting in the app. Now I know the recipe is missing from the videos.  If it's hard to add in the app, then add a link to the original content as I would think there would be a full recipe listed. It seems like Fitbit missed the whole point on helping us eat healthy.

Nandee1
First Steps

They used to have recipes because I have made the veggie meatballs and when I went back to check the recipe there was only a video!! What use is the video without the recipe? How do I know how much to use, how long to cook it etc? Like others, it seems crazy to have to “bring this to their attention.” Why promote a feature that is of no use to anyone?! 

Boyler84
Recovery Runner
I would like to make a number of the recipes I see on the premium program but there aren’t and recipe details of contents or measurements only a video. Can this be added to the details of the videos like you do with the trails of parks etc?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Boyler84, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding recipe details and measurements to the Premium videos with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Calgarygirl83
First Steps

I agree with all of the above.  I also think it would be great to have a nutritional breakdown per serving, especially if you're showing recipes such as, diabetic friendly recipes ( which is really the main reason why I signed up for Fitbit premium ).  I really hope this isn't something that is resolved in 3 years but rather, much sooner than later.

Carole8
First Steps

I agree with everyone else here. WTF? Videos without the recipes? This seems like a cheap and quick shortcut to attempt to add value, but really has no value. Yes, we need the recipes, or a link to where they are. And yes, a nutrition breakdown per serving, and how large a serving is. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.