Increase Font Size for Charge 3

I have just received my Charge 3, my first Fitbit. I had held off on the Charge 2 to wait for the 3’s larger display. At 47 I need glasses to read small text and would like to be able to increase the font size on notifications and other features.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

280 Comments
jobot56
First Steps

I am also interested in having a bigger font on my Charge 3.  It would be nice not to have to wear my readers while I'm exercising!  

ffiori
Jogger

You can add me to the list as I agree with these comments.  If not fixed soon I will return it, even though I like everything else about it.

"Echoing the same comment... the font (specifically for text/email notifications) is ridiculously tiny.   The charge2 had a readable font even if it did have to scroll across the screen.  I can live with that.   Please bring that option back.." 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I returned my Charge 3 and purchased a Garmin Vivoactive 3. A bit more expensive but I can read everything. Sorry Fitbit.

Rhyser
Recovery Runner

Just realized that this request has already been made.  

I’ve been following all of the discussions about issues with the Charge 3 clock face with a great deal of interest.  It wasn’t until my walk this morning that I realized exactly what was troubling me about the Charge 3 screens - I can’t read the small fonts at the top and bottom of the screens!  This applies to the clock face as well as other screens, like the exercise progress screen.

I owned a Charge 2, exchanged it for an Apple watch, and then bought the Charge 3 on the day it was released.  I love the upgraded technology and especially the near-instantaneous connection to my iPhone for GPS.  Before buying, I read about the larger screen and expected it to be easier to read,  Not the case!  I never had this problem with my Charge 2.

I’m a baby boomer and would think I was a prime demographic for Fitbit.  But a majority of boomers have presbyopia and, like me, will have trouble seeing the Charge 3 without reading glasses (which I rarely have with me on a walk or hike).

So how about it?  Can we get screens with larger fonts?  I would be happy if I could just see steps and heart rate on the clock face.  There was a nice one like this on the Charge 2. 

Moderator Edition: Format

vbreb
Jogger

The font size is ridiculously small. I am thinking about returning my new Charge3 and getting a 2. Lots of users are over 40. I suspect your designers are all 20-somethings. Please address the font size ASAP!

snook987
First Steps

I am fifty eight years old and physically fit but need reading glasses. I cannot use many of your newer devices because I can't read the fonts. Please take this into consideration when you design your watches. Everyone does not have perfect eyesight and I'm no longer eighteen years old. I currently have the Blaze and it's very easily readable.

jillnojack
Jogger

I didn't realize the font would be small when I ordered it. Still waiting on mine, but if the font is so small I can't read it, which sounds likely, it will end up going back and I'll just buy another replacement band for my Surge.

I mean, how hard can it be to make a useable interface when the other devices already have them? Port them over, Fitbit. It's not that much code.

The_Dude_1965
Stepping Up

I'm sorry, but this is a total fail for User Interface.
Give the option to have one icon/data per screen, problem solved.
How did this not get implemented in release 1.0?

Please give this high priority.

It is not only the small font - it is also dimmed. E.g. the time is bright but the HR and steps is dimmed to almost nothing.

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Rhyser! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

Kaisercat
Hill Runner

I would like larger fonts please.

snook987
First Steps
Screw this company. I bought a Fitbit on a company on e-bay and they wouldn't fix it since it was not covered under warranty because it wasn't sold from an authorized retailer. All this after I spent a month troubleshooting this and replacing the battery on the watch which did NOT work by the way. Still the sale draining issue. Junk!
rolfdenver
First Steps

Agree with the other posts. My wife just bought a Charge 3 and the first thing she noticed is she can’t read her steps without glasses. 

Klawrencelaw
First Steps

Could someone from Fitbit update us on this issue.  Moderator please. 

jjfutt
Recovery Runner

Any update on this please? Can we get charge2 face back? We don't need fancy fonts and graohics, just readable ones. 

Whose idea was it to make the bpm and steps simultaneously FADED andSMALL. I have 20/20 vision and can't see steps or bpm unless I stop and look closely. Compared to charge2 when I could read the info while running and playing, in broad daylight too. 

Kaisercat
Hill Runner

I like the bold fonts!  

jillnojack
Jogger

I decided to cancel my preorder for the special edition based on the font size and keep my Surge, even though it goes through two cheap bands from ebay a year (which don't give me a rash like the original one did). It may be ugly and scratched, but I won't have to have my reading glasses on me if I just want to know what time it is.

The initial reviews on Amazon also aren't that great, so I'm glad a I read them. Kind of pushed me over the top in my decision. I'll wait to replace my Surge when Fitbit comes up with something that provides me with something that works as well for me as it has.

Kaisercat
Hill Runner
Actually the text is much bolder for the step count but yes smaller. I think Fitbit will put a new clock face that addresses it. Go to a store to try it out and see how well you can read it. Much easier to read outside too.

Sent from my iPad
sadiegoldenpaws
First Steps

PLEASE make font size larger on steps. Can barely read them even with my reading glasses. Otherwise I'm happy with the Charge 3.

johnnny
Jogger

I cant read the texts I get... i used to no problem on the charge 2... they would automatically scroll across the screen and I could glimpse at it as I drove. fitbit is so seriously lacking in the software department. Astounds me.

It is pretty disheartening that Fitbit is ignoring people with worse or older eyes. Since this thread started they did add another clockface that did nothing to address the gripes in this thread.

To make it simple, they should just port Charge 2 clock faces over.  Not sure why the forum photo attach feature is not working. Here's the link to the one I would like returned https://www.evernote.com/l/ACp1tBvONYFKaqsMzA5dvpp42nGnZD0QQ64

QPRBadger
First Steps

I fully agree, I would like to have a bigger font for the steps and make the steps the main display rather than the time. I can see that Fitbit have added a new clock face (steps date) for the Charge 3, which looks better. However, when I try to select it, the message says “This clock cannot be installed on your device”. This is so frustrating!51A6E84A-F349-41C2-B6F8-CAD551F4FBF7.png

Bill3
Jogger

Just got the Fitbit Charge 3 Special Edition today and the font size is absolutely ridiculous.

That's what you get for letting teenagers design the thing.

I will return mine if it isn't sorted out quickly.

I'm currently on hold with Fitbit Customer Services to complain. 

Lola1406
First Steps

Font size too small 

I loved my charge 2 but after losing it decided to wait for the new charge 3. I love the look of the new charge 3 but will be returning as I can not read the notifications 

s9876
Base Runner

I couldn’t agree more. Just upgraded from my old One and very surprised to not be able to read the steps HR and other info without my reading glssses. Not very practical when out walking or swimming.

Also can the display not be adjusted to stay lit longer - it is difficult to read before it shuts down

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.