Increase Font Size for Charge 3

I have just received my Charge 3, my first Fitbit. I had held off on the Charge 2 to wait for the 3’s larger display. At 47 I need glasses to read small text and would like to be able to increase the font size on notifications and other features.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

280 Comments
HelenD1966
Jogger

Really need to be able to increase font text size on charge 3 and keep screen lit for longer. If not sorted soon I will return my device as it’s useless to me if I can’t read it without my glasses

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Chloe121 ! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

Laqafin
Jogger

I am shocked and angry that this concept that had been called out by user since October is not being considered by Fitbit. 

You have got to be kidding me!  What good are text messages on the device if they cannot be read!   They could be read on the charge 2.  

Put this back on the list of corrections. This is not an enhancement!!!

i cannot run or workout with readers on nor did I have to in the past. 

What in #%* is wrong with Fitbit?

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Laqafin ! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Since Charge HR (2014) many people asked to display heart rate in large friendly numbers. Many people are farsighted and need glasses to read tiny heart rate numbers. Will you, FITBIT, ever pay attention to this 5 year old (at very least) request? Is it so hard to implement? I do not think so.

GMS1055
First Steps

When you add additional clock faces for the Charge3, please remember that not all users are young with perfect vision.  Have a few options that give data with a larger font, especially steps taken.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GMS1055 , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote.

koempelb
Jogger

Since there is no option to add a comment to the existing thread, I'm adding it here as new. Feel free to move.

It seems requests for larger text have been associated with the Charge series since the HR, and still nothing … that's not a good plan to retain market share FITBIT.  Personally I am ok with the Charge 3 clock screen when set to clone a Charge 2, but that doesn't help the size of font in notifications at all.  And, the time the notification is displayed is too short. Even when I strain my eyes to read a notification, it generally times out before I can read more than who it is from.  That's a poor design decision FITBIT.  Since Charge 2 is no longer available, my next step is to try to train myself to always choose to show more of the text in the notification, which will keep it on the screen longer.  BUT, requiring customers to use more time consuming activities to interact with a feature that is intended to be time saving seems nonsensical. Moreover, unlike when FITBIT first started, there are a lot of similar devices on the market … many that do not have this issue.  I'd like to stay with the company I started with, but that may simply not be possible.  As an investor, I encourage FITBIT to look at the demographics of people with disposable income that might be used on fitness trackers/smartwatches and note that there are more of us over 40 than any other segment.  Having the option to make the font bigger will not lose FITBIT younger customers, but not having it will cause FITBIT to lose older customers. The solution is fairly straightforward programming, and simple economics.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @koempelb, thanks for adding your comment about this feature. We really appreciate the time you've taken in order to post your feedback. For more information about this status you can take a look of this important information about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Pairodachs
Jogger

While the available clock faces are nice, with glasses off I can only read the time, not the step count. Please make clock faces with the step count equally as large as the time. I don’t like to wear reading glasses when I’m walking and doing outdoor activities. Thanks.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

BobStein3
Base Runner
... or for us older folks who have to wear our glasses while exercising and
STILL can't read the numbers!
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Pairodachs.

Thanks for taking the time to share that idea and suggestion with us. Making it easier to read the information would be very useful for users that require glasses to read. 

Let's see what other users have to say about this.

JenTakeshi
Stepping Up

In addition to needing more legible fonts for all items on the screen, I would like to see an option where the time shows as 3:10 instead of 03:10 and the month/day format is Jan 1 instead of Jan 01 for more clock face options. 

CarlFisher
Recovery Runner

I agree with this. I'd also like the "Fitbit today" stats (ones with the value inside a circle) that show up 2 per page to be available as 1 per page. They are very small to read.

Smithlo
First Steps

I am seriously considering returning the Fitbit Charge 3 I just received as a gift because I cannot read the text.  It sounds like there have been many complaints about this and should be an easy fix.  Are returns accepted if I have tried to use the tracker?

jolev
Jogger

I just upgraded from the Charge 2 to the Charge 3.  I can’t read my text messages on the Charge 3 because the font is too small. Please make the font the same size as the message font on the Charge 3

Purple68
First Steps

Please make the Charge 3 have an option to make the font bigger for Notifications, Step Count etc.

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Purple68! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Wink

Please please please let me use this fabulous feature rich device by allowing me to read the text on the screen without having to steal the lifeguard's/fitness instructor's/coach's reading glasses! Would have voted the original thread up but won't let me!!!! Come on fitbit - at least allow us to vote so you can get a true picture of how desperately this is needed!

Daykin
Stepping Up

Better still to allow users a choice of text size. 

Monks123
Jogger

Why do product developers make product worse when they update. The font is too small vs Charge 2 and you put two items per screen making everything even smaller. My affair with Fitbit is no over as I am returning the Charge 3. Please don’t ignore your customers. There are enough posts about the font. Please do something about it!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Monks123, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Charge 3. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

JesBelton
First Steps

Please enlarge the miles walked readout for Charge 3.  We have a lot of sun in Texas and need help reading displays when the sun is overhead. 

PrivateCitizen
First Steps

Ability to lock display on with large font heart rate only. Some of us have exercise without glasses, so the bigger the better on the font. 

dwb3
Jogger

Make a clockface option with the heart rate as BIG AS POSSIBLE!  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.