Increase challenge participants to greater than 10

We (my Fitbit friends) would like to increase the challenge numbers to include more than 10 people. Our group includes way more than 10 who are active and want play

Moderator edit: labels

600 Comments
leear
Runner

The whole Fitbit feedback system is broken and flawed.

Senior management are not customer focused and have delegated  R&D to the inept.

Moderators don't understand concepts or customer needs and the limited follow-ups and post moving is perthitic.

To be honest, I don't know why I bother to give any feedback.

They have lost thousands of business opportunities. 

What is the point if they LISTEN but don't ACTION or UNDERSTAND?

DuffyDelores
First Steps
Totally agree with you
leear
Runner

In the words of Kris Kristofferson  (Would make a great Fitbit Advert tune)

If you waste your time a talking 
To the people who don't listen
To the things that you are saying
Who do you thinks gonna hear?
And if you should die explaining how
The things that they complain about
Are things they could be changing
Who do you thinks gonna care?

Status changed to: Released (Premium)
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released as a Fitbit Premium feature. Under the 'Custom Challenge' and 'All for One' challenge, you get to choose:

• Steps, distance or active minutes for the challenge
  • Choose a duration of up to 30 days
  • Choose other players, up to 30 people.
  • Start the challenge at set up or within the next 7 days

Note that Fitbit Premium users can invite friends without Fitbit Premium to compete in a Custom Challenge but only Fitbit Premium users can create a Custom Challenge.

@kimmiikat, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

ecolgan
First Steps
Absolutely disgusted!  We ask for YEARS for this option and now you're going to CHARGE us for it.  My next tracker will be anything but a Fitbit.  Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Walksnruns
First Steps

Well, I am moving to another wearable as soon as my Versa 2 dies which doesn’t seem to be too far off.  Something that was tried before and worked for free now has a premium charge.  Five years later and I don’t need a bigger group because many of my friends have moved on.  You missed the boat Fitbit.  I wish my husband didn’t buy me a new Fitbit or I would have switched months ago.  I constantly need to turn on and off my Bluetooth to get it to sync, I need to use a hotspot versus my WiFi to update, nevermind all my other electronics work well with my WiFi,  both at home and at work, and my battery is dying faster and faster even though I haven’t changed anything since I initially set it up.  If you had a premium product, the charge would be fine, but your product is becoming more and more inferior.  I have touted Fitbit since 2014, but as of 2019, I no longer recommend it.  

MzP
Runner

I agree, making this a premium feature after all this time of asking Fitibit to increase the number within groups is terrible.  I also have not been very impressed with the feature as it does not allow me to send more invites after the initial invite, no button to quit participation within the group and no ability to post messages within the challenge or cheer others. Not very interactive so it feels more restrictive even though it’s a custom group. The “closed groups” seems to serve the need for bigger group participation but only if you can find enough people in your current friends list to join and have others spread the word. Otherwise there is no way to post any closed groups to a directory for example for folks to search for groups to join. In my opinion Fitibit knows how much people wanted this increased participant feature and probably since the other premium features are not generating the revenue they expected they are throwing out the premium trial to see how many nibbles they get on this feature. I have not found it to be that much of an essential feature to spend my money on and don’t see how having 30 people total per group would help me to lose weight so I think I would rather save my money for other worthwhile health promoting items. Thanks but NO THANKS Fitbit.

Wow....what an AWFUL decision!

Mokicam
Jogger

Absolutely disgusting decision Lizfitbit! I will not be upgrading and paying for a challenge! 

The feedback from users was to increase the numbers, Fitbit only want to increase money generated!  I will not be using premium and will now be buying the apple iwatch I considered before I bought my Versa!   

Wrong decision Fitbit and you will now lose many valued customers including me! 

Sawshark1
Jogger
I gave up with Fitbit. Love my Apple Watch! Fitbit were a useless company.

Verity Langley

Sent from my iPhone
Codfish
Jogger
Absolutely disgusting idea.

Sent from my iPad
Kayp1185
First Steps

Are you actually serious!!?? Where's the loyalty to your customers?! Disgusting making this a premium! We go out buy a £100 then expect to PAY more for the app!! Disgusting money greedy suits!! 

NitaRo
Jogger

Too little, to late Fitbit. I’m guessing the most popular suggestions from customers were shoved into your premium service so you could slap a price tag on it. This might have worked when the suggestion was first made but most people I know have moved on. I’ve moved to Apple. I have less than a handful of actual friends who still participate in challenges and for them, I attach my Fitbit to my bra strap during workouts to join in on challenges with them until my Fitbit dies which will probably be in less than a year based on my previous track record with your products.

AngieE26
First Steps
What part do you find disgusting?
Melissa79
Base Runner

Oh, I get it. When this was available for like 1 week you guys said there were problems that you needed to figure out...the only thing you needed to figure out  was how to charge extra for a highly requested user modification. This is ridiculous. Fitbit has gone way down as far as customer service and being user friendly, etc. As soon as my Versa quits, which I actually expect fairly soon, I am done. I have stayed with this company for way too long...I mean seriously, like 4 or 5 years. I started when all that was available was the Zip.

MichellePY
Base Runner
Are you able to talk in the custom challenges?

Sincerely,
Michelle Phillips
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the update - please note that non Fitbit Premium users can participate in these challenges, but only Premium members can start the challenges. @MichellePY you cannot chat in the challenges currently - you could certainly post this as a new feature suggestion, which I expect would be popular!

MichellePY
Base Runner
Awesome....thank you so very much!!!
leear
Runner

Great news 🙂 I wish I could afford the Premium price to take advantage of this new development and innovation in fitness, seems that profit prices out the poor from good health and our suggestions, come at a cost.🤔

Codfish
Jogger
What if no one in your group is a premium member

Sent from my iPhone
ldwolvesfan
Recovery Runner

Making this a premium feature now is a truly horrible idea and shows that your company no longer cares about its customers as much as it does squeezing every penny out of us. What was originally a request to increase the number of participants allowed in challenges has now changed to you making it so only premium members can initiate the challenges. Very disappointing decision!  

leear
Runner

Premium Members can invite non-premium members to participate in events, and they have swanky new graphics to show they are from Premium Members.

This shows they are Premium Members, but non-premium members don't get the same information as the Premium Members.

Thus making richer Premium Members feel superior and leaving non-premium members feel inadequate and poor and thus FitBit are creating a two class system of users.... and yes its profit before people and not fitness for all.🙄

TheDivah
First Steps

We've been asking for FOUR years. It worked for a week and you snatched it back and now you're CHARGING for it?

I'm done.

bird1956
Jogger
Increase the number of people in the week and weekend challenges
11 people is not really big enough now
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bird1956, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to increase challenge participants to greater than 10. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.