Increase challenge participants to greater than 10

We (my Fitbit friends) would like to increase the challenge numbers to include more than 10 people. Our group includes way more than 10 who are active and want play

Moderator edit: labels

600 Comments
Steve_Port
First Steps
I'd say Fitbit probably don't moderate the forum. It even says in their ideas & comments policy that they're not obligated to read or act on anything that is suggested. It seems like a silly thing considering the amount of people who would like an increase of maximum challengers per challenge, or to abolish it completely. I guess time will tell.
K24spain
Jogger
Please update the app and increase the number of participants in a challenge. 10 is not enough. I teach Zumba and have several students with Fitbits and more getting one. We are to our limit on the challenges and can not include everyone in the same challenge. I really need this fixed soon as I have talked several into getting a Fitbit rather than other fitness trackers.
jencb80
First Steps
It would be great if challenges could include more than 10 participants. Unlimited might be unrealistic, but at least increasing it to, say, 15 or 20 people would be a great improvement.
ManiM
First Steps

A lot of coworkers at my office would like to be in challenges together but there is a 10 person limit. Would consider making the challenges unlimited.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

jln27
First Steps
Being in challenges with friends is the only thing that keeps me motivated with my fit bit and now my group of friends that have it is way more than 10 people and whoever gets left out is always disapointed please please please let us have unlimited people in a challenge!!
kenny2thad
Jogger
PLEEEEEAAASSEE DO THIS.... No idea why there is a 20 limit.... More people means more fun means more sales... Come on Fitbit!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Clomped tell agree with this. Biggest bug about Fitbit app. Says it's been solved but can't see that it has. Come on Fitbit!
lkkramer
Stepping Up

This is my NUMBER 1 complaint right now - I have had to decline challenges or wait till one ends and add the other late in the game and then I'm limited on who I can add.  This would be a HUGE improvement if this can get updated.

accenturetartan
First Steps

Hello.

we are part of a large project and want to include all the project member to weekday challange and motivate people to be more fit.

Request to allow creation of challanges with more that 10 member. bigger the better.

Thanks

Vivek

lellyc1
Jogger

I belong to a group of more than 10, we have continuous battles on these challenges and we would love this not to be limited to 10, there are far more than this in our group. On the challenges you can also communicate continuously and see how everyone is doing. In this age of encouraging fitness and healthly life styles we need you at FitBit to join the party! please take the limit off these challenges! Smiley Happy

Hannahbell40
First Steps
Up the number of participants in challenges (and number of challenges you can participate in at one time) from 10, to unlimited, many of your customers are asking for it, we have big families/ or groups of friends/ coworkers/ fitness pals/ people we are training with/ trying to push each other to do better, how can we recommend your products and services if you're not listening to your customers! It is not fun to have to leave someone out of the challenges each week because you have a big family, and fitness goals!
lymm
Recovery Runner
Please, please increase the number of people that can be in the challenges & make more that the FIVE available !!!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Those are excellent ideas!

Just wanted to point you in the direction of these duplicate feature requests:

Please leave your future comments and votes in the feature requests mentioned above. This will make it easier for our product team to notice them.

Thanks for your understanding!

Monmarando
First Steps
I agree! Maybe a challenge that measures active minutes?? As I do a lot of exercise that doesn't involve steps
kcalab01
First Steps

People are always left out of our challenges because of the 10 person limit.  Please increase the number of participants!!!!

DrBLO
First Steps
Please increase...what's the point of limiting the challenge participants.... I've talked multiple friends into purchasing fitbit do we all can play the challenges but I have way more than 10 friends
DrBLO
First Steps
Also please increase the amount of challenges that one can be in at one time
schoswife
First Steps

There should not be a limit on the amount of challenges that people want to be in.  fitbit enourages fitness with others.  lets take the limits off.

BridgetAnita
Jogger
We have challenges every week at work and with my family. Please please expand The number of people in a challenge. Is there someone I can write to expedite this? I see the question has been asked long ago.
Thank you!
BridgetAnita
Jogger
We have challenges every week at work and with my family. Please please expand The number of people in a challenge. Is there someone I can write to expedite this? I see the question has been asked long ago.
Thank you!
MyZenNolan
Jogger

More Than 10 Per Challenge

That all. Nothing else, no additional requests, no weird permutations. There are literally thousands of users that want this feature. Please stop prioritizing weird side projects that do nothing to actually enable fitness (proximity phone unlocks) and listen to what people are asking for.

Does fitbit lack the computational resources to allow more than 10 participants?

Did fitbit paint themselves into a corner and is incapable of changing the software to support more than 10 participants?

Has this even been tested or considered by fitbit?

This request has literally be rephrased and sumbitted numerous times by many people with more than 1500 cummulative upvotes over the course of more than a year.

Just how difficult is this request?

LeeBr
Jogger
Agree, also more than five challenges at a time as it is very frustrating when you're waiting for some to sync, meaning that you can't join others. I don't understand why these limits are in place. Has anyone from Fitbit an explanation for this? Surely these are relatively simple to adjust and there is clearly a demand for it.
Hubinski
First Steps
I've posted to their Twitter and Facebook page and they've blown me off
every time. Saying "we'll forward to our development team ". Or " if
there's user interest, the development team will consider it". They must
not have the capability to expand the challenges.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Is there anyway to allow for more than 10 people in a challenge? Right now they only allow for max 10, but as more and more of my family buys a Fitbit the harder it is to have everyone in board the challenge. We have 12 people so each week either 2 get left out or we have to split the group in two challenges.

Moderator edit: added labels

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Is there anyway to allow for more than 10 people in a challenge? Right now they only allow for max 10, but as more and more of my family buys a Fitbit the harder it is to have everyone in board the challenge. We have 12 people so each week either 2 get left out or we have to split the group in two challenges.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.