Increase connectivity range to about 50-60 foot distance

Working in a data privacy site limits my phone usage. I'd like to stay connected and updated through my smart watch. Since our phones are confiscated at check in areas, there's a good 50-60 foot distance between my work areas and the checkpoints.. I'd love love love if fitbit considers upping the range of connectivity so I could connect and get notifs through my watch. This is a need. Btw I use fitbit lite 🙂

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

3 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Yeehawwgal, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about increasing connectivity range to about 50-60 foot distance. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Kilt
Recovery Runner

Uhhh..."data privacy site"?  If your phone is being confiscated, and your fitbit device isn't, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@Kilt  I don't think they would confiscate a watch, which is what a Fitbit watch is. You don't make phone calls on it and you can't export information from where you work with it.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.