Increase font size on Sense

We need azway to adjust the text size for the notifications on the sense. The screen is so small to begin with it makes it very hard to quickly and easily read notifications at the current don't size. If we could make them double the current size it would be perfect.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
92 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jsnkc28, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to edit Notification font size on Sense. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

steveha
First Steps

I think the size of the watch face is perfect and there's enough room to let the font be larger.  It's a trade-off, larger font shows less text, but the user should be able to choose the font size that works best for him/her.  Frankly if I had realized the text would be so small I wouldn't have bought the Fitbit Sense; and I won't recommend it to anyone who needs reading glasses, which includes everyone I know who's over 40 years old.

My previous watch had tiny text for notifications but at least had nice big numbers for things like timers or my heart rate.  I bought the Sense in part to have a bigger screen for reading notifications.  Ironic that the text is still tiny.

craighome
First Steps

I have to agree, I have seen this request so many times in searching for it but it just seems to be ignored. Surely it cant be that hard to give font size options for message notifications. With so many of your users over 40 now its impossible for me to read the notifications without glasses. as the above, there are a few things about the sense that had I have known prior to purchase I probably would have bought something else.

I can work out what they say at a push even if there was a 2 x option it would be enough for me.

Pezzz
Jogger

I received my SENSE from Amazon today and there is no way to read notifications with such a small font. . It’s a deal breaker.  Sending it back to Amazon tomorrow and will keep my versa 2 since the font size is tolerable.  I cannot believe that Fitbit  thought it was a good idea to make the font so small and have no option for other font sizes. Wish they would have made it, or another model, a half inch wider/longer

RPFarrah
Hill Runner

Is there not some kind of hack or workaround for this? Any developers out there with this ability? I'm thinking I may have to return my new Sense if I can't use it to view messages.

JNfitgoals
First Steps

I just received mine and also gave one as a gift. Had I known about the font issue, I would have never bought. Very disappointed that enlarging font isn’t an option. my friend will most likely return his. 

RPFarrah
Hill Runner

Yes, very disappointed that I had to return mine. I'm back to using my WearOS smartwatch, but I suppose I'll keep an eye out for any new developments in case Fitbit's engineers can get their act together.

Mikeandikefb
First Steps

I agree 100% there should be a way to adjust the font for the notifications, that’s the main issue. Making it bigger would be a huge help. Notifications are unusable otherwise. Not sure why this isn’t customizable. 

jkies
First Steps

Make a setting to increase font size on the Sense. Especially for features that are commonly used, such as step counter and battery level.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @jkies. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to increase the font size on your Sense with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Larry1218
First Steps

Help Fitbit, need font text adjustments for notifications .  Fitbit Sense....

Please respond to your customers concerns.  Apple did long ago but I'm an Android guy. HELP & THANKS

Please hurry.............

BconneCO
First Steps
Need to have option to increase font size. Can't read post workout summaries or texts.
Ryan17
First Steps

DEFINITELY larger font size. Shouldn’t have to wear readers to see steps 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BconneCO, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to increase font size on Sense. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. You can also vote for this other suggestion: Notification font size on Sense. A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

TamataGal
First Steps

All I can say is PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...I wonder if the fitbit demographic features are geared toward the younger folks; aren't baby boomers wearing fitbits?

BugsyBob
Recovery Runner

I agree that this is an issue. I'm 74 and have to find reading glasses to see my notifications. With the font control available to developers, this should not be an issue.

RPFarrah
Hill Runner

BugsyBob, I spoke with a developer last year. He said that making that kind of change isn't in the toolbox for Fitbit app developers.  They simply cannot do it.  I don't understand why Fitbit would go out of their way to make their product unusable for so many people.  

craighome
First Steps

To be honest after 3 months of trying to like the sense, I took mine back for a refund. Not only were the fonts too small, I found the lag in the screen turning on when I moved my wrist really annoying, also the spontaneous setting changes I think from wearing it in the shower, the reboots....the fact that I really didnt know when I bought the watch to access all of the watch you had to pay a monthly subscription?..and whats with the o2 sensor needing particular watch faces FFS

I bought a garmin fenix 6x and well I guess you pay for what you get. Problems all solved, that said it did cost 70% more but fitbit need to lift their game....before I took it back I ditched it and went back to my faithful seiko solar. The garmin never leaves my wrist and last for 2 weeks on a charge, pretty happy with that fact the always on display is always on and you can just glance at it...you can read the face in really low light, in the dead of night you press the backlight button and your good. The notifications are heaps larger and I can read them without glasses ..just...but you cant actually change them there either, but the face is much larger and I can at least see who its from and get a gist of it before pulling down my reading glasses that are usually on my head, then ill know if i need to fetch my phone or not.

Jsnkc28
Jogger

I am the original poster and got sick of waiting.  I'd encourage everyone to check out the Garmin watches.  I just got a Fenix 6s and I am happy to report the text is very large and SO easy to read!  Apart from the EKG (which I never really use) it has all the same stuff as a Fitbit and a ton more!  Even better, no monthly fee to access some of your data! 

Bye Bye Fitbit! 

Condoral
First Steps
An option to select a big Font for easy read the notifications.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Condoral, thanks for sharing this suggestion about increasing the notifications font size for the Sense with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

tsark
First Steps

The ability to change font size is essential. The choice of Small / Medium / Large would be a great improvement over the default one-size, which obviously does not fit all. 

TimJ13
First Steps

Was a FItBit User for over five years until you started charging for all of the data that the watch collects for free. Went to Garmin. Decided to try the FitBit Sense for additional features it offered. Got it yesterday, and the fonts are so d@mn small no one can read them and you don't reply to hundreds of user requests to fix it. How in the world can you offer a fitness watch and make the fonts so small that you can't read them after a workout???  Back to Garmin for me...

KelliLain
First Steps

For the past 6 years, anytime I've had an issue in the past, Fitbit has NEVER hesitated to send me a replacement watch. Not once. And Fitbit also paid for fast shipping. Now, having that been said: 

A smart watch is supposed to be an easy-to-use, a "quick look/see & read" option. Not a "wait! let me grab my glasses" option.

My Mom, my husband, my 2 brothers, my best friend, & me - ALL of us HAD been using FitBit for years. I'm the ONLY 1 who still has a Fitbit. (My husband bought me a Sense in Nov.)

My brothers, my friend, & my husband no longer have Fitbits, because the font size is way to small. They've switched to using other smart watches. 

My mom cannot read the texts or incoming calls on MY Sense watch, because the font size is way to small. I WAS going to buy her a Sense TODAY as an early Mother's Day gift. She still has her Blaze watch & it hasn't been working properly for a while now - so I WAS going to get her the Sense as an upgrade. BUT after reading all of these comments, and the font size issue being ignored - I will not be buying my mom a Sense. It's a deal breaker. I'm going to look elsewhere for her another watch. And one for me too. Sorry Fitbit, thanks for the past 6 years. 

RPFarrah
Hill Runner

You would think that after all this time someone at Fitbit would get a clue and do something about this issue. Apparently they Just. Don't. Care.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.