Increase or customize hourly activity goal from 250 steps/hour

It would be really cool to have the option to increase the reminder to move minimum count.  Currently, the reminder to move is set to 250 and I would really like the option of raising that number as my activity increases.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

342 Comments
MMM100
First Steps
It would be useful to be able to adjust the mandated 250 steps per hour for reminders to move.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MMM100, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about increasing or customizing reminder to move from 250 Steps. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

CBiddle002
First Steps
Ability to edit the hourly steps
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to edit the hourly activity goal with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Fitbut17
Jogger
I would like to be able to change the number of steps my Versa 4 reminds me to complete each hour. Actually, I wish there were a feature whereby I set my daily desired steps, then I set hourly reminders for a certain number of hours, and the Fitbit automatically calculates how many steps per hour I need to take to reach my daily step goal.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Fitbut17, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to customize the number of steps for the hourly activity goal with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Versa2User9999
First Steps
My health insurance awards cash to my HSA if I take at least 300 steps in an hour. My new (as of 12/2022) versa only tracks up to 250. I've seen other similar requests dating back to 2019. Clearly a desired feature.
NOTE: I may switch to a competitor if this feature is not enabled.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Versa2User9999, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about increasing hourly activity goal from 250 steps. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. We really appreciate your feedback. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

OracleofOaks
First Steps
I was looking up how to customize the amount of steps needed to count as "hourly activity" from 250 to a different number and was astonished that this doesn't exist. It seems like such an obvious and useful feature to me. Please implement this!
Status changed to: Not currently planned
EstuardoFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @OracleofOaks - the idea of the 250 steps target is a recognised way of making sure you take regular breaks by moving during in any given hour and is only implemented in the App for that purpose, as an encouragement to not be idle.

It is supposed to be used in conjunction with daily exercise to achieve a daily goal, spreading that daily goal over the day only, is eliminating part of the recommended routine.

If you want to start achieving hourly goals, depending on your watch type, you may find clock faces in the Gallery that provide that possibility as well

Mike121
First Steps
Similar to the hourly alerts to move, I'd like to see that as a configurable option for number of steps and frequency. Also, it'd be nice if that worked to get you moving every moving hour. So, right now, if I get 250 steps by 12:10, I won't get another alert until 1:50. Almost 2 hours of sedentary time.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Mike121, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

It's defeating looking at my wrist and seeing that the brief amount of time I have at work to walk a loop around the building wasn't enough. Fitbit gamifies the hourly activity with percentage bars, checkboxes, and a slick UI, but I don't get that dopamine hit by completing the goal. Takes the wind right out of my sails. Thank you!
JoanK777
First Steps
Customization of the reminder time, but more importantly the ability to customize the number of steps that a person wishes to achieve each hour, would be really helpful for keeping on track for hourly steps.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @paco_hojaverde, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to customize the amount of steps needed to complete your Hourly Activity goal with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JoanK777, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to customize the amount of steps needed to achieve your Hourly Activity goal with us. Because this product feedback was already requested on this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.