Increase or customize hourly activity goal from 250 steps/hour

It would be really cool to have the option to increase the reminder to move minimum count.  Currently, the reminder to move is set to 250 and I would really like the option of raising that number as my activity increases.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

342 Comments
uagyrl
Jogger

Yes! I want to have the goal for 12 hours per day, but during the week, my day starts at 5am. On the weekends, it may not start until 7 or 8am.

uagyrl
Jogger

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new hourly goal reminder feature. However, if I'm only shooting for 250 steps per hour, it doesn't get me anywhere NEAR my daily step goal. I want to adjust the hourly goal so it helps me trend closer to my daily goal every hour.

Fosgran
Recovery Runner

I would like hourly reminders to include other exercise eg cycling rather than only step based. It's annoying having to stop cycling to do 250 steps !

Annegirl
Base Runner

I just bought an alta because of the reminder feature...and then found out it's capped at a measly 250 steps an hour. I literally got it 3 hours ago and I'm wondering if it's too late to return it - I unboxed it already. 

I already do 10k steps a day. I want to do 20k steps a day - I've been there before and it's a healthy number for me. But that's almost 2000 steos per waking hour. I want an alarm that goes off any hour I haven't hit 1000k, MINIMUM. 250 is so little it's laughable. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would like to see my actual hourly step count on my Fitbit Alta when it alerts me to get moving. It would be nice to know if you need 10 or 100 steps to accomplish your goal for that hour. I know it tells you sometimes, but I'd like to know every hour. 

JimBerger
First Steps

I just sent in a similar suggestion.  My goal is 14 hours from 8:00 am until 10:00 pm.  I have achieved my goal once.  But I have hit 12 or 13 hours probably 300 times.  Or, if you include the hours before 8:00 am and/or after 10:00 pm, I have probably achieved my goal many times.  I would like to set my goal at say 14 hours, and any 14 hours of the 24 in a day would count towards my goal, not just the 14 consecutive hours.

JmoneyCash
First Steps

Please let me customize the number of steps per hour. This is a simple yet effective feature. It would help remind me to reach 10k a day. 250 per hour is light work.

Respectfully

JC

jhayes20908
Jogger

I really enjoy that they charge 2 has the reminder to get up and move for the 250 steps per hour, but if I have only gotten 250 steps in an hour I must be having a bad day. I would love to be able to increase this hourly goal so that I can pace myself throughout the day to make sure I hit my daily goal! Would love to see this as a future update!

cosmicdebris
First Steps

need one set of goals and time range for week days and another set for the weekend

Montanatrout1
First Steps

Seems like a pretty basic feature just to be able to view messages both sent and received. Why the big deal? I can't remember all the texts I send...

hendrickx
Recovery Runner

I'd also like to be able to adjust when I'm reminded to move. 10 minutes might not be enough to finish what I'm in the middle of and go. If this relies on the phone sending the notification I would think it'd be adjustable in the app on the phone if not on the tracker itself.

Susan1000
Jogger

As a good night sleep consists of 8 hours why are you restricting 250 steps to just 14 hours.  On a Saturday I am up at 8 am and in bed by 1am Sunday morning.  Also can you make it so I can increase the number of steps per hour which are logged on the 250 steps.  This is an incentive we have been creative in the house, in this weather we don't need to go out, but I could do more steps per hour, as I am sure others would.  I am 62 no youngster, but its getting me off my butt.

Asyd
Base Runner

I agree, there needs to be a customizabe hourly step goal and the ability to set different times for the weekends. My days start later (I sleep in) so would prefer that I can change the times for weekend days.

Mbshick
First Steps

+1 for being able to increase the hourly step count goal.

CCarter11215
Stepping Up

I would like to see this on the next update. Also with a dashboard item on the app to easily show you how many steps you had each hour instead of having to add up 15 minute intervals from the graph of your daily steps.

RinaBean
Jogger

I already easily reach the 250+ steps an hour, but would love the ability to increase the step reminder to help me continue to reach my daily step goal. Even using the 14 hour window at 250 steps that is only 3500+ steps. Being able to increase that step reminder will keep me from scrambling to reach my daily goal at the end of my day.

KitKat13
Stepping Up

We can change active hours and daily goal, why do they not interact with hourly goal?

I would LOVE if you could change the hourly goal from the current 250. It could be a calculated (daily goal/active hours) or a custom fill in (ex 780).

misssayrah
Stepping Up
Lindseyydiane
First Steps

It would be great to be able to adjust your hourly Step activity goal. While I'm at work, I try to get 1,000 steps per hour. I would love if I could set my goal to 1,000 instead of just 250 and it remind me when I need to step it up!

I have the same problem! I would also like to see something similar to what they have on charge 2 where you can view your hourly goal at any time.

margaret001
First Steps

The hourly step reminder is an effective  incentive for my 75 year old mother who is recovering from a lengthy illness. It would be great if the hourly step goal could be adjusted to reflect her current stamina (perhaps in increments of 50).

Kimpy
First Steps

I would love the ability to set a one or two thousand step goal per hour. The 250 is nothing when you get to higher step limits and does not push you. I can really see this as a way to allow more people to grow there step goals not just got up and walk around there cube for a few min an hour.

BGHope
Jogger

Just wondering if Fitbit is paying attention that people would like to customize the # of steps per hour. The red dot is a get motivator but t not if it changed be changed.  

EagleOne2010
First Steps

I have the fitbit blaze, but this feature should be considered for all fitbits. Having the ability to adjust for more or less steps and to adjust down to the minute when the notification pops up would be incredible. Instead of waiting until 10 mintutes before the hour ends, someone could set it to go off with 15 minutes left or 20 minutes left, or for those that enjoy setting weird times for their alarms, they could set it at 17 minutes before the end of the hour. Everything considered, everyone has a different schedule and incorporating this feautre would satisfy the majority.

suzukipt
First Steps

I'm really frustrated that I can't change the number of steps each hour.  I would like to gradually increase them to get me away from my computer.   I agree with the above writer on everything.  I really want to know how many steps I must minimally take when that hourly reminder goes off.  I'm really tired of going for a "stroll" and not knowing if I need to take 20 steps or 200!  I really like the ones that tell me.  Also I would like to label the alarms.  I have some for medication and others for daily tasks.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.