Increase the size of Frequent and Recent food lists

I use the Fitbit app daily to track my macros. While it's nice to have three list options, Frequent, Recent, and Custom, I find the lists far too short. It would be very helpful if these lists could store more items, at the very least double what it is not, or have a fourth list added for Favorites with a large list capacity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @davefaust78, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to increase the size list of Frequent and Recent food lists. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might be also interested in this other suggestion: Favorite Foods Tab.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

RobIgoUK
Strider
the current Recent section does not hold that much information for that long.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @RobIgoUK, thanks for sharing this suggestion about increasing the size of Recent food list with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Astrosfanmd
Jogger
The Recent Items list in the Food Log needs a longer history and ability to search historical entries and use them again. I had the same thing for breakfast just a couple days apart and the items had been pushed off the Recent list. Should be able to search for any item that was entered previously and use it again for the current day.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Astrosfanmdthanks for sharing your suggestion about the possibility of having longer Recent Items list for the Food log history section. I noticed this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post hereThis helps to keep the forums more organized and prevent the vote from splitting into multiple ideas. 

Thank you for your participation in the Community! 

RRvv38
First Steps

Yes agreed... Why is "recent" and "history" both 20 items long? Frequent items could be a short 20 item list but keep the history tab as 50 or 100 items.. rescanning items again and again is pretty annoying. 

jdelphia
Jogger

I have been logging my food intake for a couple of years now. It has helped me to lose 20 lbs---slow but steady. I often eat the same things. I have a couple of custom food saved, but really just increasing the number of frequent and  recent foods in the list would be extremely helpful! I agree with others that lists of 50 foods each would probably cover most of the typical foods I eat.

MarkVDB
First Steps

I strongly agree. Things fall off these short list after a week.

I am constantly re-entering the same things that I ate many times before. Maybe some people have plenty of spare time on their hands for daily repeated data entry, but why not make it easier? 

Why not change "Recent" to "Previous" and include ALL previously entered items, listed in order of new to old.

The search function would massively benefit from the same logic. Currently I have to wade through random items that I have never eaten and never will eat. To fix this, the search function should always first list the matching searched items that I have eaten before.

This should be a really easy feature to improve, and would make the whole experience for users a lot more streamlined.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.