Insights based on trends over 1, 3, 6 & 12 months

I'd like to know how I'm doing over time. Given you have all of my data for steps, calories, sleep, activity etc would it be possible to give me insight on how I'm doing (e.g. you're getting less sleep than you used to a year ago; your resting heart rate has been stable for the past year).

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @crazywld! Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion, it's interesting and it could be useful to have the option to know how we are doing over time. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. I hope it will get many votes.Robot Happy

CSherry
Jogger

Yes this would be great, I agree!

JLHumbert
Recovery Runner

I agree.  Given all the data generated by the Watch, it's hard to believe there are hardly any reporting, comparing, and trend options.  Since my watch (Fitbit Ionic) is supposed to be an "activity tracker (and smartwatch)", I would like to see charts or graphs comparing my exercise sessions. For instance, I would like to see how today's elliptical session compares to all the other completed sessions (i.e. charts for 1-week, month, etc). I would think this would be a basic feature for each exercise.

karoberto
Jogger

I have a Versa linked to an iphone on IOS 12

when i click on the BPM icon i am taken to a resting heart rate for only past "1 week" or "1 month" graph.

Can you add the option for also "3 month" and "year" like on sleep graph?

Thank you very much for your attention

karoberto
Jogger
The same thing happens for water consumption report

when i click on the Water icon i am taken to a water consumption graph for past "1 week" or "1 month".

Can you add the option for also "3 month" and "year" like on calories burned graph?

I think that would be the most rational solution for all graphs.
Amanda1210
Base Runner

It's crazy to me FitBit doesn't already provide these types of insights! Would be great for exercise too; for example, "this is the longest distance you've run" or "this was your third fastest 5k". Mapmyrun does it, but FitBit has all this data and does nothing with it (at least, not for us actual users)!

JLHumbert
Recovery Runner
You said it all! "Fitbit has all this data and does nothing with it." How
do I compare my individual workouts with my preceeding workouts? Where are
the charts and graphs showing my improvement over time? Why can't we
filter exercise types (elliptical, running, walking, etc) on the exercise
list screen? Come on Fitbit!
Nikochim
First Steps

This option will be great.

JMBones
Jogger

Have to agree.  I requested this in a separate suggestion as well for activities, but overall, the data should be used for analysis.

CivHunter
Recovery Runner

The 3, 6, and 12 month average could be a rolling average for the last set of appropriate months. And if you wanted to step up another notch make a selection for the exact day that the 3,6, and 12 month period starts on. Thanks!

Deeko
First Steps

Any news on this 'feature' please guys? I am looking (with some trepidation) at my current stats and wondering how I fared last year during the festive period. I'm not sure exactly what I am asking for but it doesn't strike me as being too much of a stretch for your development team?

Best Wishes for a Happy New Year to everyone 🙂

RebFab
First Steps

i would love that feature

Status changed to: Released (Premium)
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion is released on Fitbit Premium, our new health and fitness subscription service. Premium insights use your health and fitness data to provide personalized tips and observations to help you reach your goals.

@crazywld, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! We have also given you access to Fitbit Premium so that you can explore and enjoy this suggestion.

Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.