Inspire 3 clock face with steps to always on display

Could you ask the developer to add the steps to always on display in addition to time and date. It is annoying to have tap the screen to view steps whilst out running.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

14 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jrwrun, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding more Inspire 3 clock faces that shows 'Steps' always on display. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

JordanEberhardt
First Steps

This is a must-have for me. There was one on the Inspire 2 that showed steps on the Home Screen. Very disappointed there’s not a Home Screen that shows step count on the Inspire 3.

LJC143
Jogger

Add me to the list who is VERY disappointed that the Inspire 3 doesn't default to a screen with JUST the time, date and steps. I don't really care about the other information, and sometimes I get caught up in trying to deal with screens I don't even want to see. How can a simple layout NOT be a user's choice? I am almost ready to go back to my Charge 2.

FancyAuntNancy
First Steps

Add me to the list of users that are disappointed that the Inspire 3 does not default to a screen with just the date/time/steps.  I had a Charge 3 for 5 years that had this basic function that I loved.  I had an accident and the screen cracked, so I had to get a new fitbit.  Imagine my surprise that my brand spanking new fitbit cannot provide this simple layout.  Instead it has many ways to show how much effort was exerted.  I just want my date/time/steps!  Had I known this I would not have purchased a new fitbit.  VERY FRUSTRATING TO LOYAL FITBIT USERS.  We just want what we had in our older versions.

LAMS23
First Steps

You may also add me to the list! Just received and set up my Inspire 3..and want the time and steps on main face screen..currently shows time and calories..this is really inconvenient since it’s supposed to be a step tracker…may have to go back to my Versa 3.. but that’s been acting up lately…showing flights of stairs climbed when I haven’t done any?? Wanted something on smaller scale too..but don’t know if this will cut it..

LAMS23
First Steps

09/26/2023

bootsybug
First Steps

Fitbit, you need to fix this.

Anita_V
Recovery Runner

I just brought the inspire 3 after having an alta hr. This is a digital watch ans I'm getting annoyed that I can't choose steps and clock a default hence why I came here for a solution. Disappointed to see there isn't one!

Phil56
Jogger

Yes. Please enable the user to determine which default metric will be shown on the Inspire 3 clockface.

AnnetteInCA
First Steps

Yes! I’m a Newb, and the fact that I can’t get steps and time at first glance is crazy-making.

JR7763
First Steps

I just got the Inspire 3 as my 1st tracker. I tried for a long time to find the setting to put steps on the home screen, as it is the main thing I want from a tracker. 

I am quite shocked that this is not allowed.

I'm afraid I have returned the Fitbit and am going with another brand.

Ellamoon
Jogger

I can’t believe there is no clock face that shows your steps ! This is my third Fitbit and I just assumed it would be there like others I’ve owned. So disappointed with this. Steps are the main thing I use my Fitbit for and to have to swipe up each time is ridiculous- please update this to reflect the options available on other fitbits. 

Phil56
Jogger
Indeed. With so many unhappy customers, one wonders why the issue is not being addressed.
Kaenari12
First Steps

I am also dissatisfied with my Inspire 3 for this very reason. Why would Fitbit not allow the user to choose the step count as a permanent part of the clock face? Since I cannot think of any reason that makes sense, I almost wonder whether it might somehow benefit Fitbit’s bottom line to leave out that option from Inspire 3.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.