Integration with Accu-Check

Check out independent test results of blood glucose meters, and integrate with one or more of the top performers. Check out table 3 in this study, for example:
A href="https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/41/8/1681" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/41/8/1681
10 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

mabrown
First Steps

The FitBit app has an integration with the app for OneTouch Reveal blood glucose meters. Expanding the list of supported meters is a logical next step. The Accu-Chek Guide meter has a lot of users.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @mabrownThanks for sharing this suggestion about making an integration between Accu-Chek Guide and Fitbit with us. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Barbwire
Recovery Runner
Please add accu-chek as a glucose tracking device /app in iOS the one device /app you offer to connect to is not the only game in town.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Barbwire, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding 'accu-chek' as a glucose tracking on device and Fitbit app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

thumper4050
First Steps

I like this idea 

chimaobi
Jogger

That's a really good idea, I hope they gonna take it into consideration.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Buttercookie
Recovery Runner

I use Accucheck also but about 8 months ago was switched to a continuous glucose monitor. The dexcom G6. Both dexcom and Libre sensors are great. Fitbit needs an integration strategy to these two platforms to grab the users glucose data. Th err is also an excellent third party app called SugarMate that Fitbit could partner with. Fitbit really needs huge improvement in this area and it would make a more robust and useable feature and generate better reporting for the user and health trend tracking. Approximately 27 million Americans have diabetes. That’s 11% of the population! How many of these people are avid and loyal Fitbit users like me? Please consider improving the number of devices and types of devices for this huge population. I am sure it would lead to better sales for Fitbit also. I’ve been a loyal Fitbit user for many years and also a premium member. My Fitbit is one of my most valuable wellness tools. If you could connect the dexcom, Libre, Accucheck, companies and others or partner with an app like SugarMate to import this valuable data to the users profile, this would exponentially improve Fitbit’s monitoring capabilities for millions of users! 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about integrating Fitbit with Accu-Chek to track your glucose levels with us. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @rob42, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about making an integration between Fitbit and Integration with Accu-Check with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.