Interval training \ martial arts recognition

Hi,
I like flex 2 a lot and it does recognize my main activities (not tested while Snowboarding yet). Unfortunately it does seem to have a problem with interval training type. I train muaythai (thai boxing) and that is very interval kind of training. You got a typical 20-minute interval warm-up, then usually few rounds of several minutes with up to 1 minute breaks. To track it e.g. as a 'Sports' I would need to go down with measurement limit to few minutes, which would actually track as 'Sport' my normal activity. Do you plan to include the pattern which would match that kind of training?
Oh, and one funny fact as the P.S. When I'm walking with my child and a buggy I'm getting a lot of outdoor cycling haha 🙂 I believe the pattern is similar 😉
Thank you in advance for considering my suggestion.
Best Regards
Szymon

Moderator Edit: Updated label

2 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Szymon thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Whilst I'm not aware of any plans to update this on Flex 2, your suggestion has been implemented on Fitbit Ionic. Ionic tracks over 20 types of activities with real-time stats using Exercise mode, including biking, bootcamp, circuit training, elliptical, golfing, hiking, kickboxing, martial arts, Pilates, running, spinning, stair climber, swimming, tennis, walking, weights, yoga, Treadmill, Interval workout and a generic workout mode. 

You can learn more about Fitbit Ionic at https://www.fitbit.com/ionic, and the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Thanks for taking the time to share your idea with us!

Samanthajwebb
First Steps

I find when I’m doing martial arts or taekwondo in particular that it’s not recording it as activity or active minutes. 

It it would be great to have it added to the list of recognised activity as it’s something I do 4 days a week, I don’t know if anyone agrees ?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.