Let us minimize or hide monthly sleep profile

The monthly sleep profile takes up almost half the screen on the mobile app. I must swipe up (every day) just to get to my sleep details for last night. If the profile changes each month, why do I need to see this every day?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

18 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LZeeW, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to minimize or hide monthly sleep profile. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

Non-premium users get a box that takes up about a third of the screen and invites them to join Premium.  You can't dismiss this.  Non-Premium users hate being nagged to get them to join Premium.  Users need to be able to dismiss this box.

NanaRuns
Base Runner

This layout is really awful.  It’s only going to update once a month.  I have to swipe up just to get to last night.  Please let us minimize it.

katiemroberts
Jogger

I still don’t even have this feature despite being a premium customer. Fitbit tried to tell me it isn’t even out yet, and referred me to an article that clearly talks about it like it’s been released. And clearly people have this feature. 

Superficies
Runner

Literally don't know why this feature exists.  Ok, I'm a giraffe.  For the next 30 days I have to scroll by a big screen saying I'm a giraffe just to get to a meaningful data visualization?  What?  I'm 41 years old.

VinegarJoe37
First Steps

Please let us hide the monthly sleep profile. It’s absolutely useless to our family and takes up way too much screen space. We sleep one day at a time, so allow us to hide or disable the monthly profile. It’s more of an unnecessary annoyance than a helpful tool. PLEASE LET US GET RID OF IT!

Dgl1952
First Steps

While not TOTALLY useless, it takes up FAR too much space at the TOP of the page and I’m constantly have to scroll PAST it to get to the DAILY sleep information. Let us HIDE… or even DISABLE this stupid “feature”!

elxwar
Stepping Up

The sleep details are a useful and daily changing feature - why do I need to scroll past a monthly, child's view of my sleep to get to the useful data. Awful user experience - what were you thinking? Move it to after at least last night's data (preferably after the last week's data) with an option to hide or disable it. Alternatively show it when it is updated monthly but again with the option to hide afterwards.
This is annoying enough to get me looking at alternative products. I don't like being annoyed every morning when I wake up - seems counter-intuitive to what you are trying to do too!

semioniy
First Steps

So, no plans to change it?

By shoving premium ads into user's face you just alienate them, it won't make anyone subscribe to premium. It just convinces user to choose another smartwatch brand next time. (& convince their friends to not go this road as well).

So, if your goal is to reduce your user base - then it works, I suppose 🤔

ziplock9000
Base Runner

They deliberately put it there to try and get more money from users. More of fitbit's dirty tactics to get more money from you even though you've bought the hardware.

countdown60
Runner

OMG, this is why I came to comment/suggest. I HATE this sleep profile feature. I look at my sleep EVERYDAY and this feature does not tell me ANYTHING I need but it takes up so much space and is relatively meaningless. I haven't changed from a giraffe since it started. Let me put it at the bottom or remove it. Or better, yet, come up with something more meaningful. I love my Fitbit, I'm a long time, enthusiastic user so I'm not a complainer but this feature just really doesn't seem to tell me very much about my sleep style or habits. I might like to know if I've changed, hence maybe keeping it but being able to not see it all the time. I want to check my sleep stats every day, and I have to scroll past this thing that is not useful on a daily basis.

kris_casimir
First Steps

I got Premium when I purchased my Sense (after my Charge 4 broke), and this new sleep details page is so bad. The Sleep Animal takes up so much of my screen, and it only updates once a month?! It's useless the other 28+ days. Do you want me to be able to see the details from my sleep last night? Hide the animal in one of the tabs at the top. I scroll past the bar chart anyway, you could add it as another tab option alongside Sleep Schedule, etc. 

AGRASSE
Distance Runner

How happy I was that it wasn't originally intended for the Pixel Watch. But happy too soon, it has been visible since December and is only annoying, even if you delete it.

And the worst of all is that since then the very useful EOV has disappeared.

Was hatte ich mich gefreut, dass es ursprünglich nicht für die Pixel-Watch vorgesehen war. Doch zu früh gefreut, es ist seit Dezember zu sehen und nervt nur, auch wenn man es löscht. 

Und das allerschlimmste ist, dass seit dem das sehr nützliche EOV verschwunden ist.

fellowfreak
First Steps

agreed with everything others have said here...this feature

- gets in the way of daily data people actually care about
- doesn't need to be taking up so much space in general, especially when it has no data to present

- is only (mildly) useful 1 day out of every month

- serves as an annoying ad for premium for free users (btw, I would be immensely disappointed if this was the feature I signed up to premium to get access to)

MrTubby
Jogger

Yup, ditto to all said above.

It really brings down the quality of the user experience within one of the most valued features my Charge 5 provides.

MorselA
Recovery Runner

Agreed, please let us minimize monthly sleep profile. Mine has been the same animal since day one. Before the last dashboard update I only saw this until I reviewed it then it disappeared until the next month. 

GraceG182
First Steps

Adding my vote to get rid of, hide, move elsewhere this useless sleep profile. This waste of space plus the new huge font, lots of white space home screen will likely make me look for a non-fitbit option when my Charge 5 dies.

countdown60
Runner

@GraceG182 Indeed when my third watch died in 18 months...I made the leap to Apple. Done, done, done with FitBit. I was devoted since 2014 and they were a good, responsive company. But they aren't now. Their customer service is awful, unsupportive, ridiculous. I tried going to Appple 4 years ago and got a bum one. I didn't get help from Apple in the way I needed and limped back to Fitbit in defeat. Was happy with the wonderful battery life but literally, one watch lasted barely 2 years, the coupon offered could not be used with a sale, and that watch died in 1 year and 1 week and they wouldn't honor it under the 1 year warranty. The replacement I got with the insurance I bought came as a lonely watch face (no band, no box), clearly refurbished. Lasted six months! I know they are going to only android anyway and I have apple phones...time to cut the cord. So far have been very happy with the Series 9  Apple watch.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.