Lifetime Warranty on broken bands

My fitbit versa bands only last about a year. They break from regular use of taking off and putting on the watch. Fitbit only has a one-year warranty, so you can only get a free replacement band within a year of purchase. But, the bands only last 1 year so that means you have to end up buying a new band every year. This is unacceptable. Their products should be made to last, otherwise they should have a lifetime warranty. 

5 Comments
m-van
First Steps

My band has broke where it attaches to the tracker on one side.  It would very helpful to be able to purchase replacement bands but the half since both sides were not broke.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @statsgirl11. Thanks for sharing your suggestion about including a lifetime warranty for our accessories! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

MsNickii
First Steps
At the price of these Fitbit trackers, Fitbit should offer some type of option or expand the warranty to replace or repair the broken screen. common problem no one intentionally breaks a screen but accidents do happen. To invest in a Fitbit product and the only option after the one device replacement is to purchase another is unacceptable.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MsNickii, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the Lifetime Warranty option on broken bands. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.