Lifetime distance and steps in the Fitbit app

I know you can see this in the fitbit.com profile, but it would be great to see this in the app!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

28 Comments
paironym
First Steps

Currently, the liftime distance and lifetime steps data is viewable only through
fitbit.com 's online dashboard.

It would be a great addition to have this data viewable from the iphone 's ios platform app.

Great work on the tracker, app and online dashboard guys !!

Looking forward to more awesome features from you !!

GavinW
First Steps
It would be great to see your lifetime steps in the app and how far to your next goal maybe even on the weekly fitness progress add the lifetime steps also
Seth7
First Steps
Include lifetime step count in app. This is a nobrainer folks. An incentive for the core tracking quality of Fitbit.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

That's a great idea! I think it will be a really helpful feature to have in the app so you can see more information on it instead of going to your app. 

rem810926
Runner

I would love to see this in the near future on the android app!

Esarsh
Jogger
This would be a great addition to the app. Many of us are goal driven and knowing how many miles we have left to reach the next badge would push us further!
27J826
First Steps

I would love to see this in the near future on the ios app!

Makennedy
Jogger

Can you please add Lifetime Distance Totals to your phone App? That way you can see how many more miles you have to clock up to gain your next badge.  Also having your own current personal badge status [ie Sahara] and what the next one to aim for would also be great.  At the moment you have to sign in to your dashboard via the website to gain this information and it's always convenient to do so.

Mary

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fab Heart

VincentWalsh
First Steps

It seems that I was able to check my lifetime stats on the android phone I was using up till recently. I just got an IOS device and now I can not find the lifetime stats in the app. I really enjoy the updated sleep monitoring however. 

Nams07
Recovery Runner

Would be useful to have a total lifetime step count in Fitbit app just like the one in the computer dashboard. I always check and sync my fitbit thru the mobile, not computer.  Also makes sense to keep the info in computer dashboard and the mobile app consistent!

SapphireSky
Stepping Up

yes please!!!

LEK1974
Jogger

Would be great if the total lifetime stats can be included in the ios Fitbit app instead of viewing it only in online profile dashboard!

Lopezluck
First Steps

Please add lifetime miles, steps, flights to mobile app. Thanks!

alexbaber
First Steps

I think it's a great idea to add lifetime stats into the actual app.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Just got fitbit wifes had hers for a year

first thing i looked for total miles ran

hmmmm is that not a basic thing on all running and exercise apps guess not on fitbit not going to hold my breath looking at the dates others have asked about it

back to nike app !! Thinking about it Just as well go back to other food scanning app cos only 2 of 9 things I scanned for the first time got identified.. hay ho 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Makennedy ! We look forward to hearing what other community members think. 

s2k2473
First Steps

Lifetime stats on mobile app would be very useful. 

THubbard79
First Steps

I’d love to see the lifetime stats on the app, it’s a super cool feature that Fitbit does and I’d like to see it more accessible for people who mainly use the app! I didn’t even know I could see my lifetime stats until now!

DrTWilliams
First Steps

I'd also like to see lifetime stats in the android app as I rarely (if ever) use the browser version.

Mwenda
First Steps

I seldom use the browser version of FitBit but I am always using the phone and desktop app. Today I got the MONARCH MIGRATION Award and was interested to see how much in total I have walked, floors climbed and steps. This is only available in the browser version, would be good to have it also available on the mobile and desktop app.

knrankin
First Steps

I wish I could see my lifetime stats in the app. I don't want to have to log in on the computer to see my lifetime apps. 

alexella
Jogger

it sounds childish perhaps but there is a "bragging" factor to be taken into consideration.

If I show my skinny friend (me being a fatso): "look Dude, I walked till now the distance of Nile river" this...sounds impressive.

for both of us.

and whatever reasons (continues to) make us moving (as in taking more steps), it is a good reason.

So, please: lifetime stats in APP

Fazhen
First Steps

I really think this is a feature many of Fitbit users will love to have in the app. I would find it very encouraging to be able to see how far my next badge is, like a progress bar. Imagine bein able to create a plan to achieve a badge, like "By walking 10 000 steps a day, you can achieve this badge in 3 months".

nishie
Recovery Runner

I also think this would be a great feature(s).

Apparently it is in the android app. Is there a reason why it was omitted out of the iOS release?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.