'LiveSync' Data With Phone During Workout

Fitbit LiveSyncFitbit LiveSync

It is safe to assume that many users carry their phone during workout. It will be nice if Fitbit devices sync data in real-time with paired mobile devices during workout. Fitbit mobile application can automatically switch to LiveSync mode in which detailed information regarding the workout can be presented. Graphical display of heart rate, zone and calorie burn chart can be immensely helpful during workout. Fitbit device syncs with mobile device via Bluetooth every second to ensure real-time data is presented to the user.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

8 Comments
BelfastMo
Stepping Up
In particular link to apps such as Sport Gear Tracker
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
RobertoME
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I believed this suggestion would give a different perspective of an exercise, since it will provide real-time data about  your exercise, a lot of users will benefit from this feature.

Thanks for your suggestion!

livemrgreen
First Steps

This feature is an absolute necessity for a fitness tracker since it makes it much easier to adjust your workout with real time data (e.g. on a treadmill)

Alexgr7
Jogger

Any update on this suggestion as I saw it was posted back in 2015?

Iking22
Jogger

Any update???

rickydean
First Steps

Any update on this 

jbski
First Steps

Ditto.  Any updates on this?  Seems like a reasonable and easy app to integrate with the existing tech (I have an Ionic).

I do worry that I see a lot of suggestions and "good idea!" responses from Fitbit...but nothing seems to make it out of the gate and there are surprisingly only a handful of apps.  Starting to get a little buyers remorse.

Like the original poster stated, I'm finding my Fitbit to come up short on the utility scale.  This is a perfect example of in-use training data that is needed and we shouldn't have to wear other HR tech (chest strap) to achieve this.  Telling me after I worked out which zones I was in is only marginally useful.

Thanks!

Yusufk
First Steps

Hi

This feature is available on my $40 Xiaomi band. Thought I was upgrading when I bought the pulse 3. Any idea when this will be considered?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.