Log and Track Medications (or Vitamins etc)

I love my Fitbit and it's a great way of measuring , seeing how well my neurological condition is doing (Myasthenia Gravis). It would be amazing feature if I could also log my medication on the app as it would really help when I go to my neurologist for him to see a complete overall view of my health and how I am coping etc

72 Comments
Lorneputnam
Recovery Runner

I would like to have a tab for medication, like if I have cold I can add all the medication I am taking it can be for good record and to see how the medication affects my activeness

MEDICINES
First Steps
Please add medicines to the fitbit dadhboard, so I can set alarms for my parents. Thank you!!!
MEDICINES
First Steps
*Dashboard
AZPatricia
First Steps

I have chronic nerve pain as a lasting result of shingles three years ago.  I take Lyrica and Tramadol for the pain. but cannot seem to lose weight..  Every time I exercise the pain worsens.  I tried again today to walk, only about 1/4 mile and seem to get away with it. That is a first.  I plan to try it again in two days.   Prior to shingles, I walked three miles 3 times a week, also used to do aerobics, yoga and pilates.  In three years I have gained 27 lbs while also going to Weight Watchers.  Help! 

JessicaLittle
First Steps
I think your app is great, but I would love to be able to integrate tools used in other apps like a medication or supplement minder. Would like to see it as a check off box on the dashboard.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
The app should have a line that gives the option to record if you took your medicine. People can earn badges for taking it daily over a certain period of time.
hayley454
First Steps

Add a section in the app to track vitamins and medications

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

ObservantCaller
First Steps

that would work, put in a dosage and then have an alarm set for taking them on a routine basis

deancrowe
Jogger

Great idea, I need medication reminders several times a day. This would be a great feature to tie in.

Also want to add new foods to UK Food Database. Let us add new barcodes!!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for your contribution @hayley454. I believe that this suggestion would be a great idea. I will gladly send your request to our team members so they can take it into consideration.

Happy stepping! Woman Wink

gratefulron
Jogger

A medication tracker would help me to make sure I took my medication.  So, it would be a great addition.

MiniH
First Steps

I have a sleep disorder, logging at what time I have taken my sleep medication, and tracking when I fell asleep/wake would be beneficial.

FutureDrAEGJ
First Steps

I am taking at least 12 different prescription meds and cannot keep up with all of them. Some are just at night, some only in the morning, others twice a day and another that is 3 times a day. I really need notifications to keep up with all of this and as expensive and health oriented as the Surge is, I would expect for it to have the option for more health benefits like making sure you don't miss a dose and potentially die because it was an important medication. 

Pari
Jogger
To add a new feature to fitbit where people with medical conditions that require daily medications - they can add the medication and when it's due in the fitbit app- n fitbit app can keep track of meds added n remind people by either alarm or by buzzing - that way it's a good reminder to take meds on time even when someone doesn't have thier pill box or other reminder device near them. They are already wearing fitbit which will remind them. Good health tool.
moosecat
Base Runner

While I don't need this myself, I could see it being very handy for those that do! Nice suggestion.

Something like inputting medication name, days and times to take it, etc. For those with more complicated medication plans, doing it manually with the silent alarm feature just won't cut it!

NicholeLB
First Steps
This could be useful to people both with medical conditions and those without. In the same way the sleep tracker and silent alarm are useful. To both see what effects medicine have on your daily routine and exercises but also remind you to take any med you might need.
Cozza
Recovery Runner

I have been using my Fitbit Flex (now upgraded to an Alta - Love it!) for a year this week. I'm recovering for a long term illness. It would be really useful to have a way of recording medication intake. Also a notes facility to record how I'm feeling that day, new things I've challenged myself to do - like getting out of the house. Also a tile that allows you to enter data for the Bristol Stool Chart. These ideas would allow those recovering from long term illnesses, an opportunity to cover more areas of their health & to track improvements more easily. Fitbit has proved to be one of the most helpful aids in my recovery. The step counter has really challenged me to get moving each day. And the calorie counter has helped me to get eating again & to maintain a good regular healthy diet. So... Thanks Fitbit.

Moderator's edit: Added labels

Droido
Jogger

Ability to log medical status such as headche, stomach ache, flatulance.et cetera., will help us figure out how often we feel sick, what food caused allergy. Data like, Correlation between headache and insufficient sleep will help us improve overselves and change habits.

I have been a dedicated Fitbit user for 14 month's now.  I too would really like at least a daily note feature for Fitbit.  I personally don’t need anything fancy.  Just a Note area for each day.  I have found the need to note something about myself, whether it be digestion issue on that day, or a medication change on a particular day.  It would help to see if something I changed was the reason in the beginning of a trend in resting heart rate, weight gain or what have you.  I have personally seen a graph change in my history for any of the area's monitored by Fitbit and have wondered was the beginning of that trend the week I stopped taking such and such medication?  Did I experience this same thing the last time I ate such and such the day before?

Just a note area for each day would be awesome.  We could decide what we want to note for whatever reason. 

Cozza
Recovery Runner
Totally agree. A note section would be so helpful.
terrylm
First Steps

I think it is a great idea for people who need reminders for  Medication times with a vibrating wristband with scrolling message Like:  Breakfast "Med Time, Lunch, hourly, twice a day etc... as a friendly helpful reminder I think another fitbit could be designed for the senior Mom and Dads that just need a little help with medications, wake ups and still be able to use the other benefits of Fit bit  Heart Rate, Sleep tracker,Steps, Fit bit share so family can get involved or stay involved.

Sithmaith1
Strider

That would be nice on Alta.  I have to change medication patches every 3 days and it is impossible to set my computer calendar to tell me every 3 days.  I keep forgetting and then I wake up unable to move or wake up because of acute pain.  Both are pretty horrid.

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

Agreed. We should be able to add/log everything, such as medication, vitamins, & supplements.

xoxosaraj
Jogger

I'd love a medication tracker on my app/dashboard that allows for individual medications and supplements to be easily added/deleted/modified/and individually checked as taken. 

I have an Rx that's only taken weekly, so I wouldn't need it listed daily. I have pre-food and post-food medications, and evening medications. It would be great to be able to group medications by categories I can define, but still have them individually listed within the group.

Notifications could be useful, but the ability to log is really essential for those of us taking daily meds. 

Riekopo
Base Runner

That could be very useful for people with serious health conditions who are tech savvy and have good doctors.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.