Log and Track Medications (or Vitamins etc)

I love my Fitbit and it's a great way of measuring , seeing how well my neurological condition is doing (Myasthenia Gravis). It would be amazing feature if I could also log my medication on the app as it would really help when I go to my neurologist for him to see a complete overall view of my health and how I am coping etc

72 Comments
Sithmaith1
Strider

My diabetes nurse wants to 'friend' me on fitbit.  Feeling a bit ambivalent about it.

Momirox
First Steps

It would be amazing to be able to log medication (with times taken) as well as caffiene to help me evaluate and/or regulate my sleep/sleep walking/sleep shopping/sleep texting, etc. 

Goosse1962
Tempo Runner

For me this would be a great idea for the app. I don't want it on my blaze.

Fitz97
Jogger

As a person with sleep apnea, I need to know how certain foods and mid actions affect my sleep so I can manage them better. Fitbit does a decent job of tracking sleep but I need to be able to track diet and medication alongside exercise. 

GwendleVs
Jogger

It would be really helpful if the fitbit had a place to

a) list the pills/medications/supplements I'm supposed to take during the day

and

b) check off that I've taken them

Personally I would integrate it into the food tracking screen since I take most of my pills with meals, but even having it in a separate section would be extremely useful

jh4v
First Steps

This would be very, Very, VERY helpful.  I'm told that some vitamins and medications are supposed to help with chronic pain and let me move more, but I can't manage to track all the variables involved.  If I could track the vitamins or meds that I take (preferably also with the time of day they were taken), I could potentially compare those with the amount of steps, etc to find the effects.  

Boysaremessy
First Steps

Offer a widget for the homepage that lets you press if you’ve taken your vitamins. Similar to the water widget. 

Bree416
First Steps

I would also love this feature as I often forget to take my vitamins. It could be as easy as the water tracker

jsmith95
Stepping Up

Well the devil is in the details, so it depends on how and how soon something gets implemented, I'm not impressed by FITBITs responses to the diabetic communities need for help in this area. It's interesting how slowly you are addressing what most of us feel is an important issue.

Status changed to: Third-Party App
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Smallbc and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re excited to let you know that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then explore third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available. Happy exploring!

jh4v
First Steps
I just bought a Fitbit Charge 2 a couple of months ago. I'm not going
to spend money on a new smartwatch just to get a feature that you
could so easily put into the app that works with my Fitbit Charge 2.

--
Jane Huggins
GwendleVs
Jogger
So it’s useless to most of us, and you’re never going to bother adding it
as an actual feature because you can just say that it’s available as a 3rd
party app so it’s not necessary — yeah, really happy to know that.

My loyalty to your brand is crumbling by the day. I was happy with my one,
and my charge HR was okay, but buying a charge 2 when the HR broke was a
huge mistake — it frequently fails to reset at midnight, the vibration is
so weak that not only does it fail to wake me up but half the time I don’t
even feel it when I’m awake, and by the sound of it you’ve decided to stop
putting any good features in your own products and simply rely on 3rd party
developers.
Njs55
First Steps

Got a Fitbit for Christmas this year and love it. I have an idea, I'm a diabetic and wear a medical alert. Do you have medical alert on any of your watch bands cause I don't like having to wear two watches.
Thanks Norma Smith

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

bden24
First Steps

Put a feature in the app that allows medication tracking and reminders

Candance.R
Recovery Runner

Allow children and seniors to set daily goals for prescription medication

FrankArcher
First Steps

Hello.  Please add a log in the Fitbit app for medications and supplements taken.  Quantity of each phase of sleep can be effected positively or negatively by various meds and supplements.  Thank You

MeritaK
Jogger

Since some medications may inhibit metabolism rate, is there a way to enter things such as beta blockers into the app for more thorough calculations?

Moderator Edition: Title update for clarity and labels. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @MeritaK. We look forward to hearing what other community members think!

jaclin
Base Runner

I think tracking medications could help a lot of people, and also having the data to see trends...how does this medication overall effect weight loss efforts or resting heart rate or whatever?  I just got my mom a fitbit and right off the bat her health score said that she was doing excellent for her age.  At first, I thought that was good.  Perhaps there are lots of 71 year-olds in much worse shape, BUT I remembered she was on medicine to lower her heart rate.  I'm fairly certain her medically assisted lower heart rate drove her health score higher than what it is realistically.  It seems like the health score could take into account beta blockers and base the health score more on the other factors that aren't artificially manipulated such as weight, bmi, and body fat percentage.

AnderlJ
First Steps

I would very much prefer this to be part of the regular fitbit app, and allow for a silent alarm reminder of when to take meds.

I have an AltaHR... I hate to have a billion apps on my phone when one would have the capability to do it easy peasy.

Just saying!

Fitz97
Jogger

It’s one thing to track medications but the goal really ought to be for Fitbit to begin making associations across things like medications, food, mood, exercise, weight loss/gain, screentime, and sleep so that we can begin to understand what may be causing or solving various problems. Seeing my phases of sleep each morning is quite useless unless, over time, I can correlate patterns of causality. For instance, why can’t Fitbit tell me that when I burn X number of calories, I get an average of Y% of more deep sleep? Or, when I take medication X or eat food Z, I tend to exercise either more or less. We need trends and correlations, not data points.

That’s when it becomes useful information.

Goose22
First Steps

Meds meds meds. That thought takes up about 75% of my day. Did I take what I'm supposed to take? Did I take it on time? Did I leave enough time between food and meds? Did I leave enough time between 1 med and another? Never ending. I've tried apps and diaries and nothing works. I have ulcerative colitis and need to know what I eat, when I eat, when to take medication and what my symptoms for that day are. I need to track all of  this so I can identify triggers and causes of my disease. I was bought a fitbit because of the sleep tracker and food tracking, and these have proved to be very useful, but I think adding a symptom tracker and possibly a med alarm would make this even better. I struggle every day with my disease and I am sure I'm not the only one. Adding these features would allow me to have all the tools I need to monitor my illness within one app, which would be a massive releif and a great help.

AmyR1234
First Steps

As well as normal medication, a way to put in the contraceptive pill (meaning a seven day break is taken into account) would be brilliant, so many people rely on this, would be ideal to have it all in the same place. 

Arimv
First Steps

It would be so helpful to me if the Fitbit app could have a place to enter a checklist of medications and vitamins with dosage and then I could mark completed at am/pm. It could give me a star for days when I didn’t forget any meds or desired supplements. Perhaps an optional alarm feature to take meds would be useful for some? 

SelinaWilliams
First Steps

Lots of people take medications and need reminders to take it. I know you can set alarms to remind you but it would be nice if you could list your meds and log when you took them and maybe have alarms with the name of the tablet so you know why all these alarms keep going off. Even for those who don't take prescribed medications people take supplements. So it's something most people could benefit from. A tile like the new female health one could work wonders.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.