Log swim distance in yards (or meters) not miles

In the prior app version, if I wanted to manually log a past swim I was able to enter the distance in yards. With the new app it requires me to enter the distance in miles. But then the app converts the distance back to yards when displaying the exercise. Please fix the app so that swim distance can be manually logged in either yards or meters.
12 Comments
Melbournegirl
Recovery Runner

Same problem here! I used to manually log my 1500m swim. Now I am required to enter in km, but the field won't accept a decimal point. Is this a bug with the new app?

Jacquin
Recovery Runner

This is ridiculous. No one measures swim in miles. We need yards or meters like before the update.

HS3
First Steps

Now and it has gotten even worse. I still have to enter the distance in miles but now it won't accept decimal points. Using whole miles to measure swims is completely pointless. 

Jayne07
Jogger
The new app does not let you log in less than a mile in swimming. The old app let you self log in yards. Now it's a mile or nothing and not possible to enter .50.This is much less accurate than previous app. Also likewise agree with other commenters about losing battery percentage.
Melbournegirl
Recovery Runner

Update: I have found a workaround. When I type a decimal point the field goes red and words appear underneath - "Enter a valid distance" - BUT, if you press "Save" anyway, the entry saves and the distance is recorded in metres. This is probably of more use to those of us working in metric rather than imperial measurements, but it allows me to enter my distance accurately for now. Fitbit, please fix this issue properly.

Jacquin
Recovery Runner
Thank you. I record my Master's swimming and have been at lose since the
upgrade. Meters is better than miles.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @HS3, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to log swim distance in yards or meters with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Melbournegirl
Recovery Runner

Hi @LizzyFitbit, thanks for acknowledging this issue, but I don't think this is the type of problem where Fitbit should be waiting to see if there are enough votes to take action. This is an error with the new app, not an optional enhancement. It would be great if it could be escalated immediately for fixing.

HS3
First Steps
This is not a request for a new feature, this is a problem with the new
app. It is clearly a bug because the app converts whatever you enter in
miles back into meters when it shows the exercise info. This is clearly a
problem that needs to be fixed regardless of how many people find my
request online. Most people are probably assuming that will be fixed in the
next version because it is so clearly a bug and not a "missing feature".
HS3
First Steps

@LizzyFitbit, I agree with @Melbournegirl. This is a bug that needs to be fixed, not a request for a new feature. The app converts the swim distance back into yards for the exercise info display (after the user is forced to enter it in miles), so this is clearly a bug rather than a "feature" that was intentionally removed. I only requested it as a "new feature" because fitbit support wouldn't give me a way to report it as a bug. Please escalate it for a fix in the next update. 

MichaelBKK
First Steps

+1 for fixing whatever change was made to the app removing that ability to log swims in metres or decimals of kilometres. This makes the app completely useless for logging swimming. Hard to believe that this "update" was made by professional software developers. Can I get my money back for my Charge 5?

59S
First Steps

Please listen to all these comments. Swimming used to be shown in yards or meters. This is not a new feature we are asking for. It is an error in the latest  fitbit update. Just rollback this part to the previous version. It an easy thing to overlook if the developers and beta testers were exclusively land-based exercisers. Not all of us are. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.