Log water on Charge 3, Inspire, Inspire HR and Inspire 2

Let us log water consumption directly on the charge 3, Inspire HR and inspire 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

136 Comments
Chirashi
First Steps

Hey, loving the Charge 3 so far! I would be thrilled if we could track water intake through the watch directly, instead of opening up the app to do so. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about tracking the water intake directly through the Charge3.

AdamB311
First Steps

Came on just to suggest this, albeit for my Blaze. Glad to see its in others thoughts.

I think making it easier, and encouraging people to drink water through our watch would be a massive help, even if its just three set user created measurements.

Sscheenstra
Jogger

Yes! I would love to be able to track water directly from the watch. Everything else is great so far! 

kitphyre
Stepping Up

We have no plans on getting any of the smartwatches but would still really like to track our water from the Charge 3, this would be very valuable.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a nice idea @DaveS3! Thank you for sharing it with us. I am keen to hear what other Charge 3 users think about it. 

moviediva
Runner

I love this idea, it would be easier thru the Fitbit than through the app. Please consider for the Charge 3

CAGustafson
Jogger

Just got my Charge 3 yesterday. Loving it so far & can't wait to see if the Fitbit pay app works as well as Samsung Pay! That said, I think this watch really, really, really needs to have the ability to log-in water consumption. When I go to the gym, I don't like to take my phone in with me; I bought the Charge 3 so I wouldn't have to. Drinking water while working out is even more critical than the exercise you're doing. I would think that if you're spending 2 hours in a gym, it would be nice to be able to also track your water consumption via the watch. I would imagine an app like that would be about as simple as you can get. Heck, just having a picture of an 8 ounce water bottle that I can click each time I've consumed that much would work for me! 

kostax
Base Runner

The latest firmware update added the ability to view how much water has been consumed each day, so it definitely makes sense to add a "water app" on the charge 3

mouserooney
First Steps

I came to the forum specifically to post this suggestion as well! I really wish there was a way to add water consumption/tracking directly on my charge 3 device. The whole point of the device is to track my activity and well being on my wrist rather than having to open the app on my phone or laptop. Since your water consumption is already displayed on the charge 3, it would be super convenient just the be able to tap on it and add a standard amount for intake i.e 8 oz or 250 ml (one cup/glass) for easy tracking throughout the day. If something like this were implemented, it would be easy to also implement something for tracking weight from the charge 3 device as well.

Thanks for listening, I hope to see something like this implemented in the future 🙂

mouserooney
First Steps

I came to the forum specifically to post this suggestion as well! I really wish there was a way to add water consumption/tracking directly on my charge 3 device. The whole point of the device is to track my activity and well being on my wrist rather than having to open the app on my phone or laptop. Since your water consumption is already displayed on the charge 3, it would be super convenient just the be able to tap on it and add a standard amount for intake i.e 8 oz or 250 ml (one cup/glass) for easy tracking throughout the day. If something like this were implemented, it would be easy to also implement something for tracking weight from the charge 3 device as well.

Thanks for listening, I hope to see something like this implemented in the future 🙂

Sopalenik
Jogger

It would be great to be able to log water intake right on the charge 3.

shulitskyi
Recovery Runner

YES! Definitely. Makes no sense, you drink the water in the kitchen, want to add it to your daily consumption but need to find your phone first

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Sopalenik! Thank you for sharing your idea. This feature suggestion already exist, this is why I moved your suggestion here. Please do not forget to to vote by giving kudos.

lovizall
First Steps

It would be great to log water intake on the device itself not the app

TY!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lovizall, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option on your Charge 3. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

See you around.

Waterbead
Jogger

Echoing the other comments. I'd love to be able to track my water intake right from my wrist on the Charge 3!

newUserCharg3
Jogger

instead of just show how many glasses of water i had. make the option to add a cup once i had it. 

my phone is not with me in the kithcen - but my watch is 🙂

AHip
Jogger

A must have feature to bring water log usable!!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @newUserCharg3, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs

Cjbukows
First Steps

I was just trying to figure out how to do this when I found this thread to learn it's not a feature yet. Being able to track water on the Fitbit itself would make me so more likely to track it regularly rather than the sporadic times I do now because I don't always feel like opening the app. 

johnlisak
First Steps

I frequently don’t have my phone with me when I want to log what I drink.  I have a charge 3 and would like to be able to select a water app that works similar to the countdown timer app where you can scroll to an amount of water and enter it.  When the Fitbit eventually syncs, it loads how much water I’ve entered, then adds anything entered via the app to update/display the total intake.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @johnlisak! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

Mwoodfall
First Steps

I am loving my new charge 3!!! It has helped me to exercise more than ever and get back on track. The thing I like best is not having to go to my phone to log things like exercise. The one feature I am still not using is logging water. If there was a way to log water using by charge 3’s touch screen, that would be awesome!! Hope you have a great day!!

Liamesque
Jogger

It would be so handy to have the new water update option (that has just come out for the ionic/versa) on the Charge 3!

Any chance this might be in the pipeline (sorry for the pun)?!

🙂

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.