Longer Screen Time for Charge Trackers

I purchased my charge 3 after seeing it would have a Screen Time out Option.  It shipped without one.  Moderator Kate says it’s not available at this time.  The manual is now being changed to reflect that.

I really, really want/need that option.  It was the reason I chose the Charge.  That and my 50’s year old eyes.  The current screen only stays on for 3-4 seconds.  That is a very short amount of time.  I have to repeated tap the screen to read a text that comes in.  IF we are going to have the ability to get notifications, we need the ability to read them.

Please Fitbit, give us the option that was originally in the manual to change the screen time out.  The Versa has it, so I know it can be done.

Moderator edit: Title

1,090 Comments
Return3
Stepping Up
Return it while you can!Powered by Cricket Wireless
Badrssas
First Steps

I just got my Charge 3, my first Fitbit. This is beyond disappointing! I can't even look at the stats properly before the screen turns off.

It's actually infuriating to see this feature not implanted even though it's been in high demand for years. i will never recommend a product with such a low support. I'm already very disappointed with this purchase, it's really unfortunate that I can't return it.

This is probably will be my last Fitbit. Never gonna buy again from a company who doesn't care about a highly demanded feature from its customers.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Charge 4 firmware version 1.96.29. You're now able to adjust how long your screen stays on with the new Screen Time Out setting. You can find more details hereAlso, for instructions to update your tracker, check this help article.

@SunsetRunner, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

FluffyMama
First Steps
What about Charge 3? Can we upload a patch to make this available on our Charge 3?
arpad
First Steps

Perhaps @LizzyFitbit posted in the wrong thread?  This is the "Longer Screentime for Charge 3" topic.
Unless I misunderstand?  Is there also a new firmware for the Charge 3?
Show of hands.  Who wants to upgrade to the Charge 4 for this feature after three years of begging for it on the Charge 3?
Anyone?  Anyone?  Withings upgrade it is then.

Pop-Pop-Moose
Recovery Runner

Nope. Charge 3 will never get it, as told to me by Fitbit.

arpad
First Steps

And I'll never have a Charge 4, or any other Fitbit product.
I doubt product managers consider the bad will they create and the customers lost in their product decisions.  Probably not.

Brand aversion is stronger than brand loyalty, I would argue.
1,088 people in this thread.  I'm sure not all of them are completely alienated but I do wonder what their customer acquisition cost is.

NoKneed
Jogger

@LizzyFitbit, are you offering to swap our useless Charge 3 for a Charge 4 we can actually use? Seems like a much more expensive proposition for you than fixing the software for the Charge 3. I really don't understand your post if this is not what you are suggesting. It does not address the Charge 3 issue at all. No way I'm going to dish out another $150 bucks for a new device when there is absolutely no reason whatsoever you could not fix the broken one I already spend $150 on - you're essentially telling me I need to pay $300 to have a working Fitbit Charge device. I can buy an Apple Watch for $200.

Yahgiggle
First Steps
Fitbit cannot even post to the right section let alone fix a problem we
have all been asking for, for years now, unless this is some type of mean
joke to rub it in our faces that charge 4 is getting an
update your message means nothing to us
Jlkm
Jogger

Seriously...how in the world do you not have a longer option for screen time out? Like MANY who continue to request this option, I'm a healthcare worker and need my clocksclock to stay on at least 60 seconds for taking vitals. 

Please fix this on the charge 3. I want to love my 3...but I will not ever buy another Fitbit until this is fixed. It's been far too long already.

Jlkm
Jogger

Please, please make a screen timeout time option of at least 60 seconds on both Charge 3 and Charge 4. 

If this doesn't happen soon.... Who has good suggestions of better brands and models wearables for health care workers? Thanks!

SeabeeCapt
First Steps

I just updated the firmware and set the view time to ‘long’ and it lasts about 10 seconds and that is good for me. 
I’m a happy camper now. 
Robert

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @K_freems. Thanks for sharing this suggestion with us. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can find it here so we can keep this board organized. Keep adding your suggestions!

yualbert
Recovery Runner
Able to let the users to adjust the duration of the display such as 4 seconds, 8 seconds and so on.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @yualbert, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see longer screen time for Charge Trackers. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.