Longer charging cable with stronger magnet for Inspire series

The charging device that came with the Inspire HR isn't great. I like the magnetic part, but the cord is very short, and often falls off the device if not sitting perfectly. A longer cord or a stronger magnet would be very beneficial.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

22 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Jess_The_GingWe look forward to hearing what other community members think about having other kind of charging accessory. 🤗

Lacy1976
Jogger

I contacted FitBit today about this VERY thing. This is the most ridiculous charging cord I've ever seen! My Inspire falls off constantly because the cord is so short, I can't always prop it just right and my cord ends up dangling from where the USB is plugged in. And, the magnet has no strength in it, at all. I hate it, and don't think I'm getting a good charge out of it. FitBit didn't offer to send me a longer cord or make an exchange for a different device.

Kalvaradoyoung
First Steps

I also contacted Fitbit with all the same concerns expressed here (the cord is too short, the tracker falls off, doesn’t charge all the way) and was told to put my comments here. I would recommend adding the clips similar to the other Fitbit models. I’ve owned everyone and have never had charging issues like this before. The dongle is poorly created. 

deepdweler
First Steps

SImilar to other suggestion mentioned above, I haven't had a problem with the coupling, but the cord is so short to be unusable.  The only place I can charge is on top of my computer CPU, where I forget it.  This really reduces the fitbit desirability.  I told my daughter not to get an inspire because the cord made it impossible to use

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @deepdweler! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

WPmom7
First Steps

I just purchased the Inspire HR and love the product but was shocked to see how short the charging cable is.  I cannot understand why it was designed that way.  Also as a previous user wrote, it takes a few tries to get the magnet to connect.  Very poor design.  Please come out with a replacement cable.  

Lacy1976
Jogger

Has anyone been reached out to by Fitbit about this major inconvenience so many of us have voiced concerns about? I've not heard a word from them, and I still have the exact same problem and don't see it getting any better without purchasing an all new device. Being a very much paycheck to paycheck individual, I can't just buy a new Fitbit every time I turn around. If I'd realized the absolute ridiculousness of the charging part of this device, I'd never have made the purchase. One of the reasons I chose the Inspire was because it was rated to have this superb battery life, and sadly I'm having to charge it, albeit not so successfully, with this pitiful charging device every few days. 

Angie_CA
Jogger

Hi I bought the Inspire HR and the Charger cable is so short that makes almost impossible to recharge and USE it. Why is the charger cable  so short? Will Fitbit do a recall and send a longer cable charger? It makes no sense. Very disappointed. 1st you changed the format from the previous HR so wen cannot use the same, 2nd it is ridiculous short that we cannot even charge it properly. Can I return the product because I can't charge it properly so I cannot use it? 

deepdweler
First Steps
I am with you, I hate it. It has gotten to point where I rarely wear fitbit anymore as it is useless

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

salevy
First Steps

I just got my Inspire last week and I love it. 

However, the charging cord is so short that I have to balance it on the top of my laundry basket. It won't reach the shelf right next to the outlet.  It would be appreciated if a longer charging cord would become available. 

TIA

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @salevy. Thanks for sharing your idea about including a longer charging cable with magnets for your Inspire. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Reliker
First Steps

Hi! The charge cord that comes with the Inspire HR is ridiculously short - I plug it into a desktop usb port, and the tracker has to dangle from the cord because the cord won't stretch the 4 inches to the top of my desktop. Nor will it reach the counter from any of my outlets (or the floor, for that matter...) About the only place you could actually use it successfully from is a laptop usb port - and who has enough of those to use one up on a Fitbit?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Reliker, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

FWC1127
Jogger

Purchased the Inspire HR for my fiancé, nice upgrade from the Alta. However the magnetic charger is not the greatest idea, please don't use it on any newer version thanks.

Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FWC1127 thanks for the feedback. Can you be more specific about how/why the charger isn't working well, so we can feed this back to the team? We've not seen a lot of negative feedback about the magnetic charger style.

FWC1127
Jogger
The cord is too short and it disconnects with a slight breeze. The slightest movement and it slides off and isn't properly attached to charge.
The idea is good but either a magnet that is not strong enough or poor design.

Thanks

Frank W Cox
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FWC1127. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to have a longer charging cable with a stronger magnet for the Inspire HR with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Tiafiona
First Steps
The cord is only 7 inches long. It is too short to allow the watch to sit on the counter or floor. Most electric outlets are not on at the base of the wall or top of the counter. I have to find something to set it on and still it is hard to keep the charger attached to the watch with that short of a cord. And I had to buy an adapter to plug it in.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tiafiona, thanks for explaining why you would like to see a longer charging cable version with stronger magnet for Inspire series. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

SayHeyCate
First Steps
I love my fitbit but the charging mechanism is horrible. Sometimes I think it is connected and charging only to find out that the magnetic connection has been lost and my battery is still low. This has been true of the last 3 versions of fitbit I've owned. I'm continuing to look for other products that have better solutions for charging
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SayHeyCate. Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having a charging cable with stronger magnet for Inspire series with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.