Low oxygen, excessive HR, and unusual heart rhythm/waveform (alert and documentation)

Please consider this for next generation devices.
It would be nice if I could get notifications/vibrations if oxygen gets too low or if my heart rate gets too high.
Alert and record unusual events like hypoxia, unusual heartbeats/waveforms that might be a warning of a heart conditions and pushing exercise too far.
7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @UnfitBytes777, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about using low oxygen, excessive heart rate, and unusual heart rhythm/waveform information to get alert notifications and insights on the Fitbit app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

MNFuturist
First Steps

I would love it if my Fitbit would vibrate if my oxygen levels got low. This could even save someone's life if they have sever sleep apnea!  

Badger_Bob
First Steps

Hi, I only became aware I had Atrial Fibrillation two and a half years ago when my heart rate went to 150 bpm for two days whilst at rest and a gifted Fitbit Charge 2 detected it. Now I've moved on to a Versa 3 but I find it essential for monitoring my heart rate. Doctors may say that it's not a medical device but I've never found it wrong. Recently I've got worse. I now have an irregular heartbeat. Two months ago I stopped getting a sleep score because it can't monitor my irregular heartbeat. There is definitely development opportunities there. There must be a lot more people out there like me. Cheers 🙂

JavaGypsy
Recovery Runner

I have recently been diagnosed with some heart problems.  My Cardiologist wants me to track a variety of things. Purchased the C5 to help with that.  However, it would be so amazing if these items could also be tracked: low oxygen, excessive heart rate, and unusual heart rhythm/waveform with an alert so I become mindful of when these events are occurring. 

amalla1970
Jogger

I got the fitbit charger 4 because my fathers Dr told him to get one and send him the result. I got one to see how it worked. Now I have the Charge 5.

I would like an option that if my father press for more than 5 seconds to would alert my Fitbit or a nurse that he have.

I posted it here since not all Fitbit are the same.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/Ask-for-help-to-another-Fitbit-or-phone-when-button-is-pres...

He has a buzzer but it has been 3 times that he called and the nurse didn't heard him but the downstairs'  floor did. It can even mark an event if its pressed an also an event on the other fitbit too.

Denisewoodallks
First Steps

I need a Low oxygen alert please!!!!!

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released. You're now able to set up high and low heart rate notifications on the Charge 5, Sense and Versa 3. You can find more details here.

For the ones interested in setting up alerts for low or abnormal oxygen levels, please see this idea already requested in the Feature Suggestions and add your vote. This will help our developers to track its popularity and demand over time. 

@UnfitBytes777, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.