MST for contactless payments on future Fitbit devices

Using Fitbit Pay with the Fitbit Ionic is very convenient, however a lot of terminals do not offer Apple Pay (which uses the same technology as Fitbit Pay).  My brother has a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, and is able to use Samsung Pay, which uses MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission). Basically, MST sends a magnetic pulse to a terminal, emulating a card swipe, meaning you can pretty much use your S3 and/or certain compatible devices with most anything that requires a card swipe!

Will the next version of Fitbit (I’m assuming because of hardware limitations the Fitbit Ionic only utilizes NFC) offer MST? Would there also be a possible timeline for which this will occur?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - I’ll be posting this in the Ionic subforum as well.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637%23M156620
3 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Wayne.McGlinn
Jogger

future proofing, great idea.

Sojo4x4
First Steps

Hello Fitbit,

MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) would allow users a higher range of payment locations while working out. Would be awesome of we would get that on the next versa with all the health tracking benefits.  PLEASE ADD THIS in the Versa 2.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.