Make ECG app available in Malaysia

It is bit disappointing to buy a Charge 5, advertised with ECG app, and discover right away that the app is not yet available in Malaysia.
Please roll it out asap.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

25 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Zicinparis, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making the ECG app available in Malaysia with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Would like to suggest the ECG app in Sense for Malaysia region please. The ECG app is an excellent app, and is useful for monitoring heartbeat fluctuations. Therefore it’s an important app. I would think this app should be made available to all regions and countries. Thank you
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding ECG app for Malaysia . I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Hi Yojana,
Good day and thank you so much for your prompt reply regarding the ECG app
for Sense in Malaysia.
I notice not many people wear Fitbit due to no ECG app offered for Fitbit
watch. Especially for Sense model which is consider the best fitness
tracker watch.
I believe the watch will sell better if there is an ECG app made available
in Malaysia as you did for Singapore & Hong Kong.

Thank you so much for your consideration.
Have a good day.

Kind regards
Afex
First Steps

Yes im a bit fan since blaze…now I have Sense please make ecg available in Malaysia like apple watch..bought my parent fitbit Sense and charge 5..but a bit frustrated there is no ecg..kind of sad for a fitbit supporter in Malaysia…

Afex
First Steps

It is also quite sad that Fitbit Team and moderator need many people to sign and support this ecg feature before they could apply to the Malaysian authorities..Why do you even have this feature at the first place ? Why Malaysian buyers have to be treated like this ? 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Please kindly made ECG app available please. I notice not many people buy
Fitbit watches compared to other renowned brands in the market. If you need
more people to sign to bring this to the board, sooner or later Fitbit will
loose it’s consumers. How come the ECG app is available in Singapore, Hong
Kong but can’t get authorised in Malaysia ?
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please kindly made ECG app available please. I notice not many people buy Fitbit watches compared to other renowned brands in the market. If you need more people to sign to bring this to the board, sooner or later Fitbit will loose it’s consumers. How come the ECG app is available in Singapore, Hong Kong but can’t get authorised in Malaysia ? 

Jeffrey04
Base Runner
sacfil
Jogger

Please made ECG app available in Malaysia. That is the reason i bought the charge 5 after reading marketing material which is misleading about the ECG app.

choonhowgan
First Steps

Fitbit, I've just bought Sense and voted here.  

Why do you need to gather popularity votes first before submitting an application to Malaysian medical authorities for ECG app to get approved?

You have already sold fitbit products in Malaysia with in-built ECG app inside.  Even if there aren't many Malaysians who voted/request for ECG app,  your ROI sales would be enough to even proceed for application to medical authority to get the ECG app approved. 

And if finances is not a problem, what's stopping you from submitting an application to Malaysian medical authorities? I hope you have a good justification for this.

eila80
First Steps

Dear Fitbit,

Please make ECG feature on Sense available in Malaysia. I have high blood pressure and chest pain, it would be great if you can make this feature available for me to monitor at all times. I bought Sense as it has this feature, but came up dissapointed it is not readily available. 

Hoping Fitbit can approach Malaysian medical regulatory bodies with this matter. Thank you.

rayedbw
First Steps

Please make the ECG app available on the Charge 5 and Sense 2. I was very disappointed to find out that the Charge 5 doesn't have this app and am contemplating not buying the Sense 2 since even that doesn't have this feature. I really want to buy the Sense 2 but it is an absolute bummer that such a feature doesn't exist in Malaysia. Hope the Fitbit folks fixes this. Thanks!

pandaxxo
First Steps

After reading this thread (and other thread), I am really dissapointed. Once of the reasons why I bought Charge 5 is because of this feature. Ridiculous that we have to "vote" for a feature to be available. Please rollout an update and at least work on to get this feature available.

Kyonakata
Jogger

I am really dissapointed ECG did not appear in malaysia. Sigapore have it,why not malaysia ??? Please made ECG app available in Malaysia. That is the reason i bought the charge 5 after reading marketing material which is misleading about the ECG app.

TCTCT
First Steps

I'm really disappointed fitbit do not fight for ECG approval in Malaysia.

I bought this Fibit Sense 2 (USD300 = MYR1300) for my father and to my extreme disappointment, there is NO ECG!!

I feel cheated and being duped by fitbit marketing.

Please fitbit, do something for Malaysia market. Bring in the ECG! 

Matthee
Jogger

I'm a fitbit Charge series supporter and I own a Charge 2 before, I bought the fitbit charge 5 two weeks ago because of the ecg app cos I need to share my heart rate record to my surgeon doctor twice a day to monitor my AF condition.

Please make fitbit ecg app available in Malaysia urgently, TQ

azu44
First Steps

I bought this watch for my mother due to its ECG feature but unfortunately, it is unavailable in Malaysia. Honestly, I feel sad about it. I want my mom to be able to check it on her own anytime but she can't. I was contemplating whether to buy the Fitbit Sense or Galaxy Watch4. The Watch4 ECG is now available in Malaysia but it is exclusive to Samsung smartphones only. I should've gotten the Watch4 instead. At least you can store music and listen to them from the watch speaker. Fitbit removed the music storage feature and for the Sense price, this is really not worth it. Plus, there are a lot of Premiums subscribed just to make things work. 

Please make ECG available in Malaysia. You'd attract more android users who want this ECG feature without having to use a Samsung smartphone. And please bring back the music storage feature too. If it is playable through the speaker, then that's better.

These are some features that would be a huge advantage if Fitbit implements them:

- ECG in Malaysia

- BP reader in Malaysia

- Music storage and playable through speaker/earbuds

- Body composition 

Thank you.

pandaxxo
First Steps

It almost 1 year since the moderator @LizzyFitbit posted here. Can any Fitbit team give us an update regarding this?

Kyonakata
Jogger

I dont think Fitbit give a dam on our issue or request. sorry to said fitbit 5 will be last purcahse (3rd(total 3 qty) fitbit replacement done not even an year of the product i purchase...

will look other device that have ECG function and not just doing sales ads to con user !

azu44
First Steps

Hi @Kyonakata I suggest you get an Apple Watch (if you're using an iPhone) or the Galaxy Watch4 (because ECG is already available recently if you can compromise the short battery life) or Watch5 (if you can wait at least a year for Samsung to get the feature MDA certified) or wait for the upcoming Huawei Watch D (Huawei already get it certified by MDA before its release- now open for pre-order 12th-23rd Dec 2022).

I'm currently using the Watch5 because I use a Samsung smartphone but have to wait till next year for that feature or maybe I'll try to work with the modded app (more technical steps to do for it to work). Once I can enable it, I'll get my mom the Galaxy Watch so she can use it fine.

Regret that I bought the Fitbit Sense for my mom. It seems like they aren't even willing to apply for the feature to get it authenticated by the MDA. (seeing how the moderators left this issue unattended for almost a year even though there are a lot of customers using Fitbit here in Malaysia) bad experience overall

Kyonakata
Jogger

Hi @azu44 

Thank you for the suggestion on the matter. Yes , it is very bad experience and sad to see it . Guess what , Fitbit did not give a sxxx on it XD.
And yes , i saw a ads about Huawei Watch D and currently study on this new ECG device.
For apple watch , i think before but iPhone is very expensive for now... so have to leave it (other reason is i using Samsung phone) will also study on Galaxy Watch 5

Fitbit 5 and Fitbit luxe (for my woman) will be my last purchase once the product damage , will look for other better features MDA device

Matthee
Jogger
I already bought the Kardiamobile to take my ECG reading and it can
compatible to various brands of smartphone
CarinR
First Steps

My family has long been Fitbit users, and we are all on the market for new watches. Unfortunately, we are considering switching from Fibit because the ECG feature and others are not available in Malaysia. Disappointing to have to leave a product we love because a special feature that we need has not been made available. Please update if this is coming!

YongHong
Jogger

Can anyone explain to me how the ECG app is still not available for Fitbit, while other smart watches, ALSO being sold in Malaysia, have no problem running the app??

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.