Make ECG available in all EU countries

The Fitbit Sense ECG capability is available in some EU countries already. Since all of EU adheres to the same medical device regulations which allow marketing of a device approved in one member country across the EU, please make this capability available across all of EU.
26 Comments
Ururebane
Recovery Runner

It is not only Finland, but most of EU countries. And it is not like those countries need special acceptance.

I did some digging from Charge point of view. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-6/ECG-availablility-in-EU/m-p/5482916#M976 It looks like Fitbit nerfs its products to sell others. So from this perspective, it looks like it choses low hanging fruit, largest markets and just ignores everything else. Here a win for Withings, Samsung, and Apple.

To give more perspective, I was Google watch user since 2015, until I briefly used Fitbit for couple of month at 2020, to move over to Garmin. Google, although was first in market does everything possible, to let Apple win wearables race. Instead of nerfing Fitbit (removing altitude sensor wince Charge 5) and its services it could boost it so we could use Wear OS watch and Fitbit side-by-side, which was my plan. Instead, again 2020 happens. Google again tries desperately customers to alienate from its products. Tries the same market Garmin already is, Withings already has its own user base, who would never use Google and Apple just takes over the market with its presence and its support for early adopters.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.