Make Fitbit devices settings available on Fitbit app

As a software engineer I find it excruciatingly painful that some settings are done on the watch and some on the Android or iOS app. Move everything to the app and include those settings as part of the sync process.

Make Fitbit devices settings available on Fitbit app

38 Comments
Flgatorgirl
First Steps

I just purchased the Lux today after my Apple Watch stopped working properly.  I am extremely disappointed to see that alarms can only be set on the watch directly and not via the phone app.  It is harder to see on the watch face and clunky to add alarms on the watch directly.  There is a good chance I will be returning this Fitbit to the store.  It’s a nice looking tracker, so it’s a shame there is no way to control alarms and timers via the phone app. 

FBuser99
Jogger

Making all the features on the watch available in the mobile app is excellent, especially the Alarms. I just switched from the Charge 2 to the Charge 5 and was very disappointed to learn the Alarm feature had been removed from the mobile app. It is far easier to set the alarm feature in the app, instead of the watch. Please bring it back.

LME9402
Jogger
I currently own the Charge 3 Fitbit. My display appears black, but I cannot adjust or check brightness settings because I cannot swipe screen to change settings. I tried using the display settings on the Fitbit app to adjust setting, but it is not in the app’s settings menu.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LME9402, thanks for sharing this suggestion about making the Fitbit devices settings available on the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Deno1936
First Steps
A timer in your app so you can set a time (for example from 10pm till 6am) when the watch goes into night mode and back off. Makes Sense to me.
brutus001
Base Runner

I just upgraded from the OG Inspire to the Inspire 3 and was confused and then disappointed that I could not change my device settings through the app anymore.  It is so much easier and more efficient to change a bunch of settings and alarms through the app than to have to swipe, tap, swipe, scroll, etc. on the device itself.

RockNRed
Jogger

Please bring back the ability to set up and modify alarms in the Fitbit app on the Inspire 3. It is very cumbersome to set the alarm by swiping and spinning. To set up multiple alarms is very frustrating. Modifying alarms is a nightmare. Setting alarms in the app was so simple and easy to see the overview of all alarms set. 

I replaced my Inspire 2 with the Inspire 3 and was so disappointed to lose this feature as it is one I use very often. I found it so hard to use, I now use a different device. I am considering returning the Inspire 3. Too bad, as I like everything else about the product. 

Please change the software to allow setting alarms in the Fitbit app once again!

RockNRed
Jogger

Yes, please bring back the ability to set alarms in the Fitbit app for the Inspire 3. It is very difficult to set the alarms on the Fitbit device. Too many swipes and slides. On the Fitbit, it is impossible to see an overview of all alarms set as I could on my Inspire 2. I was so disappointed when I upgraded to the Inspire 3 that I lost this feature.

JohnInHawaii
First Steps

I'm a software engineer as well and I find it absolutely painful to use the fitbit on a teeny tiny screen that seems to be malfunctioning. I noticed heart rate is turned off so I am looking for the heart, but the screen is dim, so I try to find out how to do that, but I have to scroll up up and away and then down and the scrolling is a bit wonky. I get to the dim setting and it keeps auto-adjusting it turning off and on as i look at it. I try to swipe down to turn off auto-dim and it is wonky and won't let me. So I can't do the dimming so I can see to get to the heart rate settings. All this should be settable in the app. Now it is a useless piece of garbage with great battery life.

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @JohnInHawaii - did you go to Quick Settings on your watch and turn off sleep in case that was causing the brightness issue.

If you are getting no heart rate, without knowing your device, some have an option to turn it off others don't and in that case the device may be faulty or need restarting.

JohnInHawaii
First Steps

@Guy_ It is too dim for me to see the options on the quick settings screen.

Guy_
Space Racer

@JohnInHawaii - it sounds faulty - what is the device?

JohnInHawaii
First Steps

Inspire 2

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.