Make a Fitbit Aria 3 that records weight and BF%

Hi there all right? I would like to ask if Fitbit have in programme to release a New Aria 3, because I would like to buy Aria 2 but if Fitbit will release a new Aria 3 I will buy it instead Aria 2.

Cheers

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and personal info removed

23 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea @Federicofreddy, thanks for taking the time to share it with us! We look forward to hearing what other community members think about having an Aria 3. 🤗

Todd96
First Steps

Yes a new generation would be great. I have enjoyed my aria 2 for a while but I’m ready to see some smart tech improvements !

HenriqueFit
First Steps

I would love to see an Aria3 with lithium ion battery and/or a plug in the wall option. Personally I hate having to change batteries and my scale is always in the same spot in my bedroom, near a wall plug. Another idea that I'm not sure if it's possible would be to have some hardware diagnostics on the app, so you can see that maybe one of the sensors has an issue, etc.

sebjob
Jogger

Hi, I am also looking to buy the Aria 2 but knowing that this model was released more than 2 years ago does not reconfort me. (specially if apparently it was not a big uprgrade from the 1st version)

Is Fitbit planning to release a new version any time soon ? I would definitely buy it 😄

JackieS93
First Steps

Yes, I also really really really want to know if there is any plans to release a Aria 3, I would like to know a rough idea when? I would be unhappy if I purchased the Aria 2 and then the 3 came out shortly after. Is there any comment you can provide to help with this decision making.

ahusmc
First Steps

The Fitbit Aria 3 would need to have support for muscle and water.

klrichards
Base Runner

I would like to see hand held sensors. The information could be sorted out by the app. It could muscle, water, fat, bone, BMI, BMR, met age, physique and more.

In fact the hand held sensors could be an optional extra.

Also how about a way to calibrate the scale via the mobile app, you could make adjustments to suit you and send the changes back to the scales via Wi-Fi 

QualinCarter
Stepping Up

I would LOVE to see a fitbit Aria 3. I love to see any fitbit release I love the products and have been a strong supporter ever since my first fitbit the fitbit blaze. That being said though the only way I would ever purchase the Aria 3 or anyother Aria is if it fixed it's wifi issues. (Yes I know I have to switch the protocols BUT because of where i live I cant do that and i honestly shouldnt have to just to get all the features out of my scale.) Still. Supporter of fitbit, but at times it feels as tho the brand sees whats being said and then sends out damage control replies thanking us for being part of the community and apologizing for the issue then giving a much repeated solution when instead should be working on a new product to completely erase the issue altogether.  

The Aria air left me hopeful because of the Bluetooth capabilities but it still has to initially use wifi which is pretty redundant. Not to mention the fact you loose some of the Aria 2 features. (And yes I get it's to offer a less expensive price point as well.) 

Okay I'm done venting.

Still love you fitbit always will just wish you'd address the issue with all of your scales better. We shouldn't have to change to use your product it deters a great portion of us from wanting to purchase them. 

Truoli
Jogger

Bump

I'm new to Fitbit. I really enjoy its tracking capabilities on my Charge 4. Hoping for a Aria 3 to add to the ecosystem if there are plans to create one in the future.

Wilson113388
First Steps

Bump2

I am also interested in a new release. Like the others I would hate to get the old version if a new one was planned

gopalrander
First Steps

Yup, is there an Aria 3 coming soon?

CLMJ
First Steps

YES - an aria 3 ASAP would be most welcome!

Bpot219
First Steps

Just got into fitbit about 6 months ago with the charge 4. Absolutely love it. Looking for a smart scale that syncs with Fitbit. I bought the withings body plus. It was crap, didn't work or sync with Fitbit. I'm looking to go straight to the source and buy a smart scale from you, but similar to what others posted, i feel uncomfortable paying 150$ for a three year old scale with three year old tech inside. It would be beneficial for the fitbit community to have an update on the fitbit aria 3, or even its non-existence. Thank you

jess0rz
Jogger

I would also like an update. The Aria 2 is now discontinued (I have one, but as others have mentioned, it’s a few years old), and there is no word of an Aria 3 so far. Having a Fitbit brand scale that syncs to the app to gather all of my info in one place is important to me. I hope they don’t stop selling scales altogether. 

MelvinL
Recovery Runner

Have been using the Aria 2 to track my weight and fat percentage, which is great because it integrates with the whole Fitbit ecosystem, since I also use a Fitbit watch. Unfortunately, the glass surface of my Aria 2 cracked and shattered when it got knocked (FYI, by another glass weighing scale which only suffered a small chip). I wanted to get a new one to replace it, but noticed that it is not longer being sold by Fitbit. The Aria Air does not measure body fat percentage, so there is no point. (I already have another simple scale to measure weight alone).

Hope to see a new Aria 3 soon, with more functionalities, better accuracy, and a stronger glass surface, which can also sync the data to the Fitbit App/Dashboard via WiFi. (For now, I shall wait it out for a while. But if Fitbit decides to stop development on your weighing scales, I would have to search for another product or ecosystem.)

LetsStayActive
First Steps

I’d like to see a new Aria 3 scale. High end accuracy and features especially on body fat percentage, the more accurate the better.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LetsStayActive, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Aria Scale 3 with body fat percentage. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LetsStayActive, thanks for sharing this suggestion about making a new Fitbit Aria 3 that can measure your weight as well as your body fat percentage with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

mckillio
Recovery Runner

Yes, please. The Aria 3 is well overdue and the Air is no replacement for the 2.  

conchikers
Base Runner

Bring back Aria 2 or new scale with body fat percentage.  I don't understand why you discontinued it.  Unless you want us to move to a competitor!

r0tt3n
First Steps

I had the original Aria a decade ago and loved it, really miss it. Just got the Aria Air on a whim, didn't realize it didn't do body fat or body water, huge let down. Can't believe there's no successor that does. Did a bit of research and toms article on best smart scales of 2023 says withings body+ is the best option. Apparently it does sync with fitbit, I guess we'll see. If Aria 3 was out there, that's the one I'd be buying though.

Blazedshades
First Steps

Hi. I too would love to see a new Aria worked on and released.  I am new to FitBit and love the idea of having a highly capable smart scale that integrates directly with FitBit devices.  Getting my first smart watch, the Pixel Watch got me started and I am so far enjoying the app and its features.  Look forward to any insight as to whether this may be coming in the future before I consider alternatives.

LaurenzG
First Steps

Push

It's time for a new smart scale that analyzes body composition and transmits it via WiFi. Please take Withings as an example, who regularly bring new scales onto the market. I would like to stay in the FitBit environment.

Is there something planned?

Looking forward to hearing from you! 😊

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.