Make a new Fitbit device without display

Some of us still want something very small that we can wear all the time and only charge every five days for so. I don't need another screen.  I had the FitBit Flex 2 and never took it off.  Same with my husband. We need the step tracking for our health insurance and so I don't want to have to take something off and charge all the time. Plus is lasts longer and is just no fuss.  I can EASILY layer with jewelry and I just need something simple.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

49 Comments
Sid94
First Steps
I've been using Fitbit for a few years now - stopped using analog watches ever since.

Would be great if you guys can come up with a band without a display for those of us who love their regular watches.

A smart band that can be worn with a watch.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Sid94, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making a new Fitbit device without display. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Baaatzi
First Steps

Hi, like so many others I also want to express my huge desire for a Fitbit tracker without a display. My first Fitbit was the Alta HR now I have an Inspire HR and I would really like to get a new tracker soon. I also where my Fitbit tracker on the right arm since I would never give up on a classical analog wristwatch. It would be so nice, if you could develop a as slim as possible bracelt tracker with all features of the Inspire 3.

I was always satisfied with my Fitbit products, but I have to say if another competitor offers a tracker like I described, I would buy that one.

TMcPherson77
First Steps

YES A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. I have avoided smartwatches like the plague because of this. My Fitbit Flex 2 was such a wondrously simple device, I really liked that it just tracked and alerted me to texts and calls. The battery finally conked out this year and I hate that there isn’t a replacement. I don’t want a display. Thanks. 

ayaashpaw
Runner
Kindly launch a series of Fitbit devices without screens. This could be useful for a lot of people including me. (For digital detox, contact sports, traveling etc)
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ayaashpaw, thanks for sharing this suggestion about launching a new Fitbit device without a screen with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Throwaway36
Jogger

Hello

I agree, I used to have a Jawbone (which I loved). My inspire 2 is okay, but I hate not being able to wear my watch anymore. I was very excited when i found out about the flex, only to find that they were not available anywhere.

Making a tracker that looks like a smart piece of jewellery would be an excellent idea, and I would snap one up. 

Thanks.

Deko1
Jogger

My 3rd Flex 2 finally died last fall. Please make a new version with no face and hopefully stylish. I have not purchased a new Fitbit and won’t until there is a similar device. There is a lane for a device for people to sleep in, swim in, work with their hands in, and to wear with other watches. Just a simple band. Or something like a bracelet. No one wants to sleep in a giant smartwatch.

Also not a fan of stopping the challenges and awards. Google, it’s like you bought Fitbit and destroyed what was good about it.

Jessie2222
First Steps
All the trackers are too big and bulky now. Even articles written in 2023 are still touting the flex 2 as one of the best faceless trackers though it hasn't been made in years. Not all of us want to be connected to our phones 24/7 and smart trackers promote that. The flex 2 is light, easy and doesn't disturb a workout with other notifications.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jessie2222, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about making a new Fitbit Flex device with us. I found two similar ideas that already exist in this board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Throwaway36
Jogger

Hi all

Since Fitbit don't seem to want to make a non screen version of their tracker, does anyone have any suggestions of other companies that have done?

Thanks!

Baaatzi
First Steps

Hey @Throwaway36 ,

I won't name companies... but google for "ring fitness tracker" and there is another "whooping" bracelet I heard of 😉

I personally still have my Inspire HR, but I am thinking about the ring alternative. But it's pretty expansive, so I still hope Fitbit will come up with something we desire here in this thread.

Kind regards!

Throwaway36
Jogger

Thanks Baaatzi

Just searched, see what you mean re cost but that does look good.

Cheers!

WillH.YEG
First Steps

Hello Fitbit.

I have been using your product for years and years. I am still rocking my Fitbit Flex 2 and Fitbit Blaze. Both still hold a two day charge which is pretty amazing considering both products have been discontinued for 4+ years. I wear my Fitbit Flex 2 on a L/XL band around my ankle as I would rather wear my analog watches. For years and years, I have been patiently waiting for a Fitbit Flex 3 or a new screenless option. Still hoping for essentially Fitbit Flex 2 but with Heart Rate monitor. Heck, I'd be happy with a re-released Fitbit Flex 2 with a fresh battery!

Everyone and their dog has a smartphone. Not everyone needs a smartwatch to see the same redundant information that can be viewed in the app. The Fitbit App is great and the company has done a great job in improving it over the years. 

A Flex 3/screenless option with interchangeable straps would be great for all sorts of people. People that play various contact sports, or jobs that are physically demanding and don't want a screen to get chipped or cracked but still the benefits of tracking steps and heartrates, or minimalist that still want fitness tracking for health reasons.

For me personally, I am in law enforcement and have broken two cheap watches during the course of my duties. My younger partners have broken their very expensive smartwatches doing the same things, *eyeroll* Rookies. Can't break my Flex 2 around my ankle! I also live up in Canada where the climate drops down and we have to wear very thick gloves. Way easier with a smaller screenless tracker than bulky smartwatches with screens and bigger batteries to power the screens. Also in boxing (for exercise), I like keeping track of my activity but can't do that with something on the wrists. That, and I don't want punches to count as steps, but still would nice to have heartrate monitored.

It seems like the world is so focused on smart-this, and smart-that; connected here, there, everywhere. Fitbit Flex 3 would be a nice, refreshing step back to the basics. Fitbit going back to its roots of being a fitness tracker; none of the extra fluff. With a certain "AtoZ" online store discontinuing their screenless trackers, there will be a void in the screenless fitness tracking market. And really, Fitbit is a well known, trusted company. I'm sure there are many others out there that would trust a screenless tracker from Fitbit over a no-name company. 

I am really hoping a new screenless option comes out before my Flex 2 dies. 

ionutRa
First Steps
I am also still hoping.
I had forgotten I posted this, but in the last few months I started getting
replies to this post, so maybe there is hope 🙂
13midnightjo
First Steps

Have no screen-less trackers takes an option away from people that just want a basic step/sleep tracker.
I love my flex 2 and worried it’s going to be unsupported one day. Like my jawbone up3 was when that company fell through without warning. It’s nice having something small and useful when I don’t feel like wearing my smart watch; Especially on days I don’t need the extra bells and whistles!

Dinger209
First Steps
I think you should make a small, screenless fitbit that fits inside the band of traditional watches. On the inside of the wrist. A tracker that just slides in the inside of the band and upgrades classic watches to a smart tracker. I'd like it I'd like it to still measure everything the fitbit does, and still vibrate for calls/texts.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Dinger209, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about making a new Fitbit device without display with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Hiyann
Jogger

I hope there is progress with this product suggestion 

deotter
Stepping Up
I have an Apple Watch but also want to wear Fitbit but don’t want to wear two watches. Would love just a bracelet version like Flex 2.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @deotter, thanks for sharing this product feedback about making a Fitbit device without a display with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Abel7847
Jogger
Please bring back Fitbit with no screen, something like the flex2 where you can compete with whoop
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Abel7847, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about making a new Fitbit device without a screen with us. We found two similar ideas already posted on this board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

AlemSiel
First Steps

I am in the market for a new fitness tracker. And I am only considering a no-screen one. I really want one like the Flex 2, but newer for support. Please consider making one.

I am sure the market, hopefully outside this suggestion thread, will be there to. I would appreciate if you could share with us your market research. If it has shown that either it is true there is a market, of even if there isn't.

Thank you! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.