Make a useful report for showing to medical professionals

I often want to share the information my fitbit records with my medical practitioners but the data exports make it very difficult for data interpretation. Please design reports we can share with them to show things like how activity levels affect sleep and anything else which the data recorded might be able to help them to recognise or diagnose any health issues.

14 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 Smiley Wink

JennyJenn
Base Runner

Absolutely yes. I don't know how this isn't a given. What's the point of 24/7 heart rate monitoring if I can't do anythign with it? I can't even see the info. And what's the point of tracking sleep each night when I can't export any useful data? Fitbit raves about their product and its capabilities in order to sell units but neglects to mention that you can't even see this data. It's pretty weird, I think.

Isuzyq1
First Steps
Great idea.
TobiasF
Strider

+1

sad to see that Fitbit even scale down the export functionality recenlty with cancelling the export capability to MS Healthvault that was a great tool to collect such information, of course as sual no reason or root caseu was given just blah blah blah why they cancelled it ...

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LoopyLou_uk thanks for sharing this - I think that's a great idea and am sure it'll be popular with other community members. Please vote/comment if you are also interested in this idea!

jennablaze
Recovery Runner

I really hope they come out with this. I was actually thinking about it earlier. It’s great that Fitbit has made so many strides in the health tracking field, but it would make an INCREDIBLE tool for doctors if there was a way to communicate the information to them.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LoopyLou_uk  and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

Hoverbored
First Steps

If my friends can be ‘grouped’ to see my walking stats...

Why can’t I specify a portal where my Dr can get at-a-glance stats for anything we discuss & I setup?  How much I walk, how good/when I sleep, heart rate thru-out the day, etc. 

Somewhat like with accountability buddies, but one-way. 

Status changed to: Released (Premium)
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion is released on Fitbit Premium, our new health and fitness subscription service. Your Fitbit Premium Wellness Report details your activity, sleep, heart rate, and weight data up to the last 12 months. Export your Wellness Report from the Fitbit app to see your data or share it with a healthcare professional. 

@LoopyLou_uk, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! We have also given you access to Fitbit Premium so that you can explore and enjoy this suggestion.

Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

GTBill
First Steps

First -thank you for the Premium Wellness Report . This helps, can we add the option to export the data as it appears on the screen.  For example a screen shot of the sleep restoration graph or the Deep and REM graph and bar chart with the benchmarks.

I want to share this data with my doctor in addition to the summary Wellness Report.........................................

Thank you,

GTBill                                                                                           

rfjouben
Strider
Fitbit finally releases an update that allows me access to the features promised and show the data in Health Metrics on the App. There should be some other way to access this data, such as a report so I can share this information with my healthcare provider or others.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rfjouben, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option. Your Fitbit Premium Wellness Report details your activity, sleep, heart rate, and weight data up to the last 12 months. Export your Wellness Report from the Fitbit app to see your data or share it with a healthcare professional. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released".I hope to see you around.

rfjouben
Strider

@YojanaFitbit I am not talking about the Premium Wellness Report data I am talking about the Health Metrics Dashboard on the App which is completely different information than the Wellness report unless they are going to update the Wellness Report to include this information which would also be a good idea. This is not something that is already released so I do not believe this request belongs in this post and should be posted under a different topic so people can see it and vote for this feature.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The Wellness Report is too high-level. I bought my Sense in order to track my sleeping. I would like to present all my sleep data to my doctor, but the "Restoration" information is not included on the report. I'll have to take screen shots and create a PDF to send to my doctor, which is ridiculous. Please create a more detailed report to include sleeping heart rate and estimated oxygen variation. Thank you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.