Make all friends visible after migrating to Google

When switching to a Google Login, it has been reported that Friends are no longer friends.
Can we have our friends linked to the new account?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
12 Comments
Dave1976
First Steps

The same thing happened to me, Fitbit don't seem to care. It is a shame, Fitbit used to be a customer focused company, the buy out by Google has changed that.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Looks like we might have to wait 2 years until everyone has switched over. 

MarioDings
Sprinter

I can't see my friends who did not cross over and they can't see me anymore. That makes me very sad. I can't see my wife, my daughter, my grandson.  

Phenso
First Steps

Having spoken to Fitbit on various channels they basically don't care. 2 year wait for early adopters before we can see our fitbit community again. Unbelievably appalling customer care. 

scousenuggett
First Steps

Google have deliberately mislead me/everyone about switching to a Gmail account. They sent an email explaining all the benefits BUT not once did they explain you would lose all your friends and family until 2025 or until they also switched. I used to trust Google above all other tech companies. Not any more. Very poor misleading way to treat your
83Z8QV
First Steps

I think it would be very helpful if you could mix the Fitbit account and Google account in order for us to see our family and friends until everyone has to migrate to google in 2025

AMYAR
Jogger

Agree there was no disclosure about losing friends in the transfer and I'm quite angry/disappointed.  Now I'm waiting until 2025 to have friends again unless they migrate early?  Along with eliminating the "step streak" notifications and breaking hourly goal metrics, you're chipping away at the motivational components that make fitbit worthwhile over just using my phone in my pocket as a pedometer.

83Z8QV
First Steps
I agree 100% it’s not even worth using the Fitbit anymore. I got one because my family has them and it was great motivation to try and beat them every week. Now that I can’t see them anymore the motivation is gone in

Sent from my iPhone
ClayF
Stepping Up
I lost my Fitbit friends when I switched to Google log in. Really disappointed. I’m in my 5th Fitbit device because they only last about 2 years I might just stop using Fitbit and just use my 3rd Apple Watch.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rich_Laue, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about making all friends visible on the Fitbit app after migrating to Google with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

krithika-4
Jogger

Completely agree. I miss the friend challenges, now the app is just garbage. So disappointing. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ClayF, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having all your friends available on the Fitbit app after migrating to Google with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.