Make basic/classy clock face with large typeface for Smartwatches

From google: "A majority of 61 percent in the population reported to wear glasses, contact lenses or other reading or visual aids occasionally in 2012"

Create a basic/classy simple digital watchface with two lines of information both in the largest practical sized typeface. An upper line with the time and the lower line with the one of the other stats.  By tapping the lower line it changes to another stat such as: heart rate, steps, date etc.

I currently use Argle which is nice and classy and I can see the time, but have to put my glasses on to see the tiny stats.  The lower stat changing when i press it.

A wonderful watch, loads of great stats but problematic for me and I presume many over 50 yo.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

3 Comments
Status changed to: Third-Party App
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Shortsightedthanks for sharing this suggestion. With the recent release of third party apps to the Fitbit App Gallery and over 100 new clock faces, we hope that you're able to find one that fits your suggestion. I'd suggest Gauges as a good fit from Fitbit developers or you can explore lots of other ones! You can explore new clock faces in the mobile app by selecting your Ionic device image and going to 'clock faces' and 'all clocks'. Thanks for sharing!

Shortsighted
Jogger

Hi Lizfitbit,

I am sorry to say your suggestion does not address the issue and I would like you to properly consider my suggestion.  The size of the typeface for even mildly shortsighted people is the important factor.  Please take a look at your suggested Gauges clockface and you will see whilst the stats are presented in clear typeface they are still too small.  This is the same with ALL the 100 watchfaces currently available.  When you look at the watchfaces available imagine you have slightly blurred vision and decide if you would be able to see the heartrate without glasses.  I did not post this suggestion with researching it.  I would be happy to write my own watchface - but I don't have a Windows 10 computer with LE Bluetooth so cannot connect to my watch except from my phone.

Shortsighted
Jogger

Hi Liz,

You have put this into third party apps - where as I would like it as a basic necessity of the watch - a watch face avoiding small typeface for the stats.  It is pretty basic and shouldn't be left up to a third party to provide core functionality.

There is lots of effort in creating cool colourful watch faces - but I bought this because I want to track my exercise stats etc.  A serious/classy  watch face to accomplish this would be not be a bad thing.

Regards,

Phil

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.