Make blood glucose stats available without Premium

So I was really happy the "Log Glucose" feature was added to the app.
But I was really disappointed when realizing the stats/trends are only available to premium members.
Please don't get that greedy Fitbit, Diabetes is a lifelong disease.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
9 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Henrik.Schack, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making the blood glucose stats available without a Premium subscription with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Hi Fitbit,

i have ave been a member since 2014. I find it unsettling that the countries listed in your app is limited. I have been asking for years either via twitter or other social media posts for #Jamaica to be added. Hoping to see same soon.

thanks.

Hoping to see Jamaica listed soon.

jules0918
Recovery Runner

This idea suggestion really needs more votes if that's how an idea gets decided. My maternal side has diabetes which my maternal grandmother died from diabetes complications. I've been using Fitbit Trackers since August 2014 and so much has changed since then both good and bad.

My current tracker is Alta which has had issues since I got it in 2016 so it's hard to be consistent with my messed up tracker so I am researching if buying the Sense or Versa 3 is worth it VS others out there. Having life saving features such as the original poster mentioned without a premium subscription would help me stick with Fitbit/Upgrade. All of the products are expensive compared to other trackers/health smart watches.  I feel like if I upgrade my tracker that  it's just for the Fitbit name. I appreciate all of the wonderful "free" features however lifesaving health monitoring shouldn't have a premium subscription and the subscription could cost lower a month considering the prices of the Fitbit products. Since voting is a factor into the original posters great lifesaving idea, then I vote 2 million times. Fitbit, please choose health over greed! 

Big-Gee
Recovery Runner

Absolutely should be free as it is a life long disease and life threatening. 

would use this weekly,

Newly upgraded to Sense.

HiramJim2
Recovery Runner

I have premium and have been manually logging glucose for a couple of months now.    It shows the range... but I don't see what was reference in the OP about "stats/trends".   Where do I find that?  I see a graph and the log but nothing that looks like statistics.

Also, are there plans to put a module on the dashboard (from a PC) with the glucose info?   I only wee glucose on the Android app, not PC dashboard.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

For glucose Is playing with people's lives.
Money Vulture At the expense of the main glucose Diseases such as Diabetes.
Consequences Cva / tia.
Then you have to pay a premium.
Well what can we say and think about this.
At Fitbit, it stands for collecting money more than health.

This will never be free, I recommend that you buy a separate blood pressure meter and glucose meter
And keep track of this yourself in an app or on paper.

Yelzey
Jogger

Yes, please! We need this life saving info available to all.

MediaNJ
First Steps

Most post I've come across regarding the ability to track and monitor blood glucose using a Fitbit device seem like they are several years old. I am currently using a Fitbit Luxe, without Premium. Has this feature been made broadly available, or available on certain devices, or with a Premium membership?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.