Make the "Recent" exercise list reflects actual recent activities

For a Fitbit Sense, in the "Exercise" section of the Fitbit app, when you tap on "Categorize Exercise" it brings you to a screen that says "Choose an Exercise" and you have the choice of "Search for exercise type" or a "Recent" list that has 5 different activities. Those activities should reflect the persons actual recent activities they engaged in

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

9 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @mdc44, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making the list of "Recent" activities reflect actual recent activities as options with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Babynetman
First Steps
Currently, I have to type in Bike when I log a Bike workout. When I then try to log a Rowing workout, I have to type in Rowing. The next morning, I have to type in Bike again. The RECENT list only shows 1 RECENT workout and 4 completely irrelevant workouts that ARE NOT recent.

In EXERCISE SHORTCUTS, rowing is not even selectable. Please add it?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Babynetman, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Make the "Recent" exercise list reflects actual recent activities

Rowing/Stationary Rowing Machine Exercise Shortcut

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

daveos
Stepping Up
Currently if I want to manually add an exercise, it doesn't remember my most recent exercises. I see a default list of exercises, Outdoor Bike, Walk, Run, Sport, Elliptical. These have for the most part nothing to do with my most recent exercises. It would be nice for Fitbit to remember actual recent exercises, so I can add these quickly.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @daveos, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having your actual recent activities displayed when manually logging an exercise in the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

shgmclicious
Jogger

Do bugs actually ever get fixed on this app? This has been a problem for well over a year.

mdc44
First Steps
From what I can tell, no. They just give people a place to post things
to let them feel like they're working to solve issues.
LMinOz
Jogger

Same. Totally tired of typing in Treadmill everyday and it never appears on my list of "recents". Instead there are options like "run" and "sport" which I've never ever used. So Fitbit's concept of "recent" is quite out of the ordinary 🙂 

LadyJfemalerobo
First Steps

I recently got my charge 5 and its showing a floor tracker and asking for my goal on floors. I walk alot if floors and this feature was on my old fitbit . I have just been informed charge 5 doesn't count floors. Disappointed is an understatement 😔. I want a fitbit that counts floors. I now have to send this one back. Wait for a refund and reorder . Which one counts floors please . I need one ASAP for a trekking holiday in 7 days .😭. Many thanks in adavance

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.