Make you own distance cues

I would like the ability to set my own specific distance cues so that when i run or walk i do not need to check my watch in order to know how much further i need to go. This feature could benifit all devices i believe. Right now you only able to set the cues in 1 mile or 1 kilometer increments thats not good enough, I would like to set say 3.1 miles for a 5K, or 400, 800, 1200 meters what ever you need you should be able to have that option. Hopefully this makes sense to people what i'm tring to say.

Moderator Edit: Format / labels

13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SarahLuna
First Steps

Yes! I need this feature as well!

SarahLuna
First Steps

I would like cues at 0.5 or 2.5 or just the ability to manually adjust it at any distance. Dibro sufferers often need to push limits at the tiniest increments. This could help... checking the app while exercising is far from convenient and breaks momentum.

SarahLuna
First Steps

*Fibro not Dibro sorry

Keithy44
First Steps

Please shorten the smallest cue frequency to 0.25 mile instead of 0.5 mile. More info more often can only aid training 🙂

Moderator edit: Topic for clarification/label

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Keithy44! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about shorten the smallest cue frequency to 0.25 mile instead of 0.5 mile.

blairleish
Jogger

Yes.  Please implement a 0.25 mile audio cue.  Every other running app that I’m aware of does this.  Thanks!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would like a frequency setting of “Every 0.25. mi” for Voice Cues. It seems like this would require only a software update...

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Brysko
First Steps

Request to add option on mobile app for every 0.5 km to allow for more options in training, such as interval workouts. 800 m does not evenly divide for most race distances.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Brysko, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add more option for distance cues for example each 5K. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Keturah3011
Recovery Runner

Great idea.  I would just like the cues to vibrate every 0.5 miles on my sense like it used to on my versa 1.  
Anything to make it work would be great. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion about making you own distance cues. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.