Manually added exercise should use HR data

I have a Fitbit Alta HR. I do several exercise activities that are not captured by Smart-track (trapeze, yoga, stationary bike, etc). When I go into the Fitbit app or dashboard to manually log these activities, the app helpfully calculates the approximate calorie burn for me. The problem is that it doesn't use the heart rate data that my device captured during that time.

For a 90 minute circus class, the heart rate data calculates that I burned close to 300 calories. When I try to manually log the exercise on my phone, it estimates a comically low 73 calories, completely ignoring the heart rate data. When I try to manually log the exercise as an activity on the website dashboard, it utilizes the heart rate data but doesn't consider it an exercise since it is being logged as an activity.

I would like the ability to retroactively log exercise that the Fitbit doesn't detect automatically, without losing the information about calories burned. I understand that for some users, the calories burned is not accurate, so the ability to override the heart rate data should be maintained. However, a user should have the option to leave the calories box blank and have that use the heart rate data instead. This will allow the heart rate, calories, and impact tabs to be accurate based on the data that the Fitbit has already collected during the specified time period.

51 Comments
Nina1989
First Steps

I'm also still not seeing this work when I manually add a workout in the app. Do I have to manually log them only on the website for it to use my heart rate data? @YojanaFitbit 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.